Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

It's a happy day, a new watch arrived 12th Anniversary EDC prize!

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
December 30, 2013 07:06PM
Greetings folks,

I came home last night after a holiday family visit to open my last Chrismtas gift, the super cool 12th Anniversary EDC prize of the Leatherman Sidekick & Croc pack. It shoulda been there before the holidays, but USPS decided that getting lucky enough to win it is enough. Not so lucky to get it before the holidays. But arrive it did!

This is my first Leatherman, though I have friends who have them and swear by them. And now that I have one in my hands, I can see why they all swear by them. This thing is incredibly sturdy!

I've had my share of Swiss Army knives, a few other pocket knives. This one is definitely a tool of a different kind. Very strong emphasis on the tool. Everythin about how it's built says I'm a tool to be used and abused, I can take it all. All metal construction, useful tools (some of the Swiss Army knives certainly have some questionable things on 'em). Very thoughtful design - most of the tools require the leatherman to be opened up to the full pliers mode, except for the knife and saw. Those you can access with the thing folded up. And both of those have frame locks on 'em, so they'll stay in place until you're done with them.

No polishing or fancy engravings, just strong sturdy metal.

The Croc looks really interesting. Just a hunk of metal, and in typical Leatherman fashion, a ton of uses for it. Metric and imperial wrenches, bottle opener, scraper. Possibly the world's most handy bottle opener. I suspect this will be Little Man's first training tool as there's no real sharp edges on this one. Plus it looks really cool, Little Man has a few stuffed croc's in his room. Once he's ready to graduate to real tools, I'll start him with this one and we'll build up from there.

Thanks again to Michael and Reto for organizing the EDC anniversary contest!

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's a happy day, a new watch arrived 12th Anniversary EDC prize! Jpeg Attachments

Dre194December 30, 2013 07:06PM

Congrats Dre really like the croc tool smile (n/t)

Adam in NYC42January 14, 2014 04:51PM

Congrats Andrej! Leatherman makes excellent tools. (n/t)

Timemiser29January 07, 2014 04:00AM

First use - success!

Dre27January 02, 2014 02:59PM

That is cool! The beer fridge is safe again! Rolling on the floor laughing my a.. off (n/t)

BobbyMike26January 02, 2014 04:53PM

Good stuff! Thumbs Up (n/t)

Dave M19December 31, 2013 01:11AM

Bravo! Cheers! Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF22December 30, 2013 09:54PM

Congrats, make good use of your new Cool lilĀ“ friend. Thumbs up! (n/t)

PN29December 30, 2013 08:38PM

Thumbs up! Cheers! (n/t)

BobbyMike25December 30, 2013 07:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates