Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Help please! Intelligence and ingenuity one step ahead please >>>

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Reto  
Current mood:
December 02, 2013 10:03AM
Here is the problem - pic attached - the final merged Nylon cord has to be 30cm(12 inches) long. That gives ca. 1.5cm (3/5 inch) for the two joinings or 0.75cm (3/10 inch) for each joinings. I tried with a cigarette lighter. On a different piece of rope. Does not work well. Tried with a torch lighter, too hot. I am thinking of cutting open an aluminum tube, then cut the rope diagonally and then heat the tube with the torch from the underside and create a good strong joining area. But before I start inhaling Nylon, I want to hear other solutions. The usual metal clipping is not an option, the rope has to be entirely Nylon as the finished product.

The final cord has to be 30cm long and should have the same tensile strength of the cord. Which I guess is ca. 500kg (1200pounds)

Bear with me, the decimal system Rolling on the floor laughing my a.. off

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Help please! Intelligence and ingenuity one step ahead please >>> Jpeg Attachments

Reto90December 02, 2013 10:03AM

I have neither the intelligence or the ingenuity to help, but then I don't understand what the purpose

Timemiser29December 02, 2013 06:14PM

Make a 30cm Nylon loop to be used as a tether. The trick is not to waste Nylon (n/t)

Reto29December 03, 2013 10:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates