Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Amazing 3D mapping/routing/navigation app "Nokia City Scene" for N9 users only >>>

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Reto  
Current mood:
September 22, 2012 10:39AM
just installed this amazing app from the Nokia Store. Remember, you need a Nokia N9 to use this app.

From the description of the app:
Which cities you have covered now? London, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Miami, New York, Newark-Jersey City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose and Seattle.

Why would Nokia invest so much money into an application like this one? I am quite sure that Nokia is preparing software to finally make a stand in the US market with the new Windows Phone 8 phones (Lumia 920, Lumia 800). So right now Nokia N9 (Meego, linux based OS) are the guinea pigs for this marvelous app.

Dowload instructions at this link: http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-city-scene

pic credit [www.symbiantweet.com]

To me the most amazing feature is that you can SEE your navigation route in the panorama view. Well, for Google Streetview users this is nothing new. Google maps allows you to see your blue route when in street view mode.

You can also prefetch the panaromas you are going to need beforehand so save data costs.

What is a new feature is that you see shop/business signs as an overlay in the panoramas, of course clickable to get more info.

As customers of smartphones there have never been better times. The tech giants are battling, that is always the best for us buyers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2012 10:48AM by Reto.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Amazing 3D mapping/routing/navigation app "Nokia City Scene" for N9 users only >>> Jpeg Attachments URL

Reto624September 22, 2012 10:39AM

That's very cool, unfortunately the only "big" city near us that my son would use is Albany, NY ...

BobbyMike191September 22, 2012 04:06PM

I just used it last night to visit Paris. Places that I know there. And it was quite fun actually. I am sure >

Reto153September 23, 2012 05:44AM

Very cool app! That would be very helpful. I have yet to decide on a new phone.

Timemiser152September 22, 2012 03:19PM

Re: Very cool app! That would be very helpful. I have yet to decide on a new phone.

WilliamCabrera69June 07, 2013 12:15PM

You get most of the features with Google Street View Timothy. And I am 100% sure that >>>

Reto143September 22, 2012 03:36PM

And I just learned about MapsGL (Google Maps), it also shows the businesses >>>

Reto142September 25, 2012 12:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates