Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

I'm trying a new knife this week

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
February 27, 2012 04:33PM
This is probably the largest overall knife that I've carried as EDC so I'm trying it out. (The one with the light gray scales.)

I was reading a book about "tactical knives" and the writer talked about using larger knives to cut through metal doors and so forth so I got interested in this. I found the large CRKT folding knives and they seemed like some of the largest and most economical tough folding knives so I decided to buy one to try out. I found the all black one on ebay, well used, and bought it. I found the other one in like new condition and bought it too. The black one was pretty cheap and I thought I might actually do some tests with it, hoping that my dad still had some old car sheet metal outside of his body shop. The knife came with some rust spots and little chips on the edge. As an experiment I worked over the edge with a coarse diamond stone and got it pretty sharp. The like new one is in very good shape, I touched it up on my sharpener a bit and I'm carrying it today. It is relatively long and bulky, and heavy, but with the pocket clip I can't even feel that I'm carrying it. Note that in some places this knife would be too large to be legal but in my state it is OK.

And also in my pocket I'm carrying the Leatherman Juice S2, just in case I need to do a little light mechanical work.

And I'm carrying the tiny little Fenix LD01.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm trying a new knife this week Jpeg Attachments

Bill J.576February 27, 2012 04:33PM

Great knife Bill! I think CRKT have some great designs for a good price.

Timemiser143March 10, 2012 02:32AM

I used an identical black/tanto CRKT last year

JY138February 29, 2012 08:04AM

Me too.

jinxed118March 01, 2012 07:14PM

Good tools!Smile (n/t)

IF124February 28, 2012 10:51AM

RSounds like you're having fun Bill! Thumbs up! (n/t)

BobbyMike141February 27, 2012 06:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates