Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

I just got a new Leatherman toy for EDC

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
February 09, 2012 04:10PM
This is a Q&D iphone photo. The overhead lighting in my office is not good for photos of shiny objects.

I've owned an original style Leatherman multitool for a long time, and find it relatively easy to carry and useful on occasion. Its shortcomings are that it is a bit large and sharp-edged to drop in your pants pocket (I don't like belt sheaths), and the tools are hard to get out of it when you need it. I saw this one and decided to give it a try, it is called the "skeletool". It is the same weight as my older tool, and even a touch larger, but it has more rounded edges and a belt clip so it doesn't dig into the bottom of your pocket. It has fewer tools than my old tool but it has the ones that I need most- knife, screwdriver and pliers. It also has a bottle opener that I might even be able to use. The advantage of it is that the knife opens from the outside with a hole in the blade that Spyderco invented so theoretically the tool can replace my normal pocket knife that I always carried with the belt clip. So today the skeletool is clipped on my pocket and the pocket knife stayed home. Compared to some other multitools the skeletool is light duty but I think it will do fine for my EDC in an office environment. If I'm camping, fishing or working outside I will probably carry a sturdier tool.

I have a couple of other new multitools that I will try out over the next few weeks and report on.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I just got a new Leatherman toy for EDC Jpeg Attachments

Bill J.538February 09, 2012 04:10PM

the Wave

RobbieHatfield89August 02, 2012 05:56PM

looks great, I've always liked that model and sorta wanted to play with one

Cleans Up183February 22, 2012 10:40PM

Looks very nice, congrats! (n/t)

Reto103February 18, 2012 10:58AM

I don't think you can go wrong with a Leatherman. Congrats!

Timemiser100February 14, 2012 03:47AM

Looks like a very helpful one!Thumbs up!Smile (n/t)

IF111February 10, 2012 12:44PM

I just looked at one of those last week. I decided to pass (I bought a watch instead), but may still pick one up. (n/t)

BobbyMike107February 09, 2012 04:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates