Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Installment 6 of JT cruise, November 2010. Today Huatulco and Alcapulco Mexico......

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
JohnnyT  
Current mood:
December 01, 2010 07:52PM
One of the things that's always fun while cruising is to see wild sea-life in the water. As we progressed up the western coast of Guatemala and into Mexico, we observed several large sea turtles. They are very difficult to see in photographs, but look closely at this one. It looks like a brownish spot near the center of the picture.

Huatulco is a relatively newer development in the southern coast of the Mexican riviera, characterized by recently built resorts and beach oriented activities. This was a short stop for us and compared to Alcapulco and Cabo San Lucas, still coming up, there was nothing too remarkable about it. Here are a few pictures before moving on to Alcapulco.

I may be getting out of sequence on the towel animals, but I believe this was the one this night.

Bright and early on the morning of November 15, we arrived at the splendor that is Alcapulco Mexico! This was just as I had pictured it, large resort area with large, high rise hotels and beautiful beaches and marinas.

We proceeded pretty directly to the most famous tourist attraction in Alcapulco, the cliff divers. These guys were spectacular! They climbed the cliffs as if they were squirrels and then took turns doing spectacular dives from various levels of the cliffs. I took only videos of the actual dives and when I figure how to upload them to you tube I will make a separate posting.

The divers range in age from early teens to early 30's. Apparently the diving eventually takes a toll on their bodies and head and they seldom dive later than early 30's. In one of the pictures, you can see the only girl diver diving that day. she was fourteen years old.

They made themselves available for photos after their dives and they were also tipped very generously by very impressed tourists.

This Diego Rivera mural is on the facade of a house belonging to his mistress, Dolores Olmedo and is considered to be a treasure of Mexican contemporary history. Created in 1956, made with colored mosaics, stones and seashells, it is regarded as one of the most important cultural works of art in Acapulco and was one of the last works that the artist created before his death. In it are featured the Serpiente Emplumada Quetzalcóatl (Feathered Snake of Quetzalcoatl), a sphinx and an Aztec god.

Style-wise, I preferred this Rivera Mural on the wall of an old hotel in Acapulco.

The Los Flamingos Hotel was said to be the favorite hangout of Hollywood celebrities, especially Tarzan's, who had his own home-away-from-home there.

A favorite party place of foreign visitors is Senor Frogs, a drinking establishment that now has locations in many ports in Mexico. Infantile, outlandish behavior is not only tolerated here, it is strongly encouraged and facilitated. Fortunately, on this stop, yours truly maintained his dignified adult decorum and limited his activities to taking a few pictures.

A bit more sight seeing of the very wealthy neighborhoods and all too soon, it was time to re-board the ship and head out to our last stop, Cabo San Lucas.

Thanks for looking.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Installment 6 of JT cruise, November 2010. Today Huatulco and Alcapulco Mexico...... Jpeg Attachments

JohnnyT1839December 01, 2010 07:52PM

These divers are incredible daredevils EEK! Great tour again, thanks Johnny Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto337December 04, 2010 06:44AM

Awesome Mr. T! Thanx for sharing! (n/t)

OldHippie220December 03, 2010 12:51AM

Cool, can't wait for pics of the canal proper! (n/t)

Dre193December 02, 2010 02:19PM

The canal was back in Installment 3 Smile (n/t)

PaulGeo192December 04, 2010 12:49AM

Beautiful pics and topic, Johnny ! Cheers! Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF220December 02, 2010 06:38AM

NICE shots Johnny! Thumbs up! Cool (n/t)

cmoy203December 02, 2010 03:09AM

Great tour, Johnny. Thumbs up!Thanks. (n/t)

Mark C.229December 01, 2010 10:19PM

Awesome... did you see my scribbling in one of the booths at Senior Frogs? Smile (n/t)

PaulGeo210December 01, 2010 09:46PM

Thumbs Up Great tour! (n/t)

Anonymous User220December 01, 2010 08:12PM

great stuff dude! (n/t)

anjizkit237December 01, 2010 08:00PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates