Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Installment 5 of JT Cruise November 2010 - Today, Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
JohnnyT  
Current mood:
November 29, 2010 06:51PM
Another full day at sea reading, eating, listening to music and playing on the blackjack tournament. Oh, oh, look who's on top of the tournament leader board!

The score, $12,100 indicates what I was able to earn, starting with $2,000 and playing seven hands. One more day of qualifying rounds and then the top six scorers will play in the final. No way I can be knocked off, so I am now guaranteed a seat in the championship round in a few days. Stay tuned to see how I did!

Of course, the day ended with a new friend, this time, a real swinger! laughing!

Bright and early on November 13, Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala.

Our driver this day is a gentleman of Mayan descent that fled his country as a youth to avoid being forced to serve under the revolutionaries. He later returned and now fishes for a living and conducts tours on a part-time basis. He was extremely connected to the Mayan community and shared his world with us very eloquently and graciously on our two hour trip to Antigua..

Many volcanoes along the way, several with a worrisome smoke plume at the top!

Also saw a rock that is said to be a mayan man's profile

First stop in Antigua was a Jade factory. Guatemala is said to be home of the hardest, highest quality Jade in the world.

The city itself is a 1600's era Spanish Garrison that is still much in its original form. Many colorful buildings such as this hospital

And this school

A former university that is now a museum

Roughly translated, the sign reads, "This is the edifice of the Antigua university of San Carlos, founded in 1675. From here radiated the culture to the entire kingdom of Guatemala."

The central, most secure part of the garrison

The public pond where citizens bathed and washed their clothes.

The city cathedral

A fountain in the town square

Music in the square

And perhaps the most ornate Church I have ever seen!

Typical street

These are the local taxi's. They were everywhere!

You may have already noticed many of the local Mayan people in previous pictures. They were amazing!

Of course, you know I love to photograph flowers. Check out what happens to these ladies slippers when they are pared up like a pair of slippers!

Other flora

Antigua from a nearby hill and volcano in background

All too soon, time go back on-board.

Don't remember what the towel animal was that night, but I do remember the sunset!

Had a wonderful, culture enriching day! Tomorrow morning, Huatulco Mexico!

Thanks for looking
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Installment 5 of JT Cruise November 2010 - Today, Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala Jpeg Attachments

JohnnyT1528November 29, 2010 06:51PM

Awesome... keep 'em coming Thumbs up! (n/t)

PaulGeo395November 29, 2010 11:35PM

Beautiful, Johnny.Thumbs up! (n/t)

Mark C.202November 29, 2010 10:53PM

Great !!! Cheers! Cheers! Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF219November 29, 2010 07:45PM

great stuff (n/t)

anjizkit226November 29, 2010 07:36PM

Cool photos, JT. Keep 'em coming! (n/t)

Anonymous User188November 29, 2010 07:35PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates