Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Travel Report "Larry" sailed his yacht into Portland Harbor today Cheers!

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
October 06, 2009 12:50AM
I had the great pleasure of meeting long time PMWF member "Larry" & his lovely wife Sue today. My wife, Betsy & I met Larry & Sue this morning in Portland Maine & spent a few hours together! We started in downtown Portland with a visit to the local watch shop, "Swiss Tyme", where Larry was quite the WIS Jedi as he confidently persuaded the proprietor to demagnetize his new Breitling - no muss no fuss - For the rest of our time together Larry was comparing accuracy against my quartz Orsa Pro Diver & we think demagnetizing did the trick smile

Then it was off to my favorite tourist spot, "Portland Head Lighthouse" in Cape Elizabeth (first place I took "flat reto" too). It was the perfect Maine day, mild with a warm sun & blue sky. OK, lunch time, and off to the "Lobster Shack" for fresh haddock (Fish & chips) atop the granite shore overlooking the sea -- very nice!

Then, back to Portland for a beer & farewell -- I showed Larry my watches and throughout our time we did the WIS thing & as per usual the ladies chatted -- Perfect LOL!

Sorry for the lack of shots, & I suspect Larry will post more on his return -- A fantastic day, and once again reaffirms my appreciation & belief that it's the participants that are the lifeblood & the watches merely the vehicle that brings us together. Hmmm, may sound a bit redundant, but, you know what I mean LOL!

Here's a couple pics! Long live the PMWF!

RD

Larry's Yacht

Two WIS @ Portland Head Light

Breitling meets Orsa

Larry's floating hotel

So here's where Larry & I were today. The scenic coast of Maine smile

That's all Folks Thumbs Up CHEERS!

RD
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Travel Report "Larry" sailed his yacht into Portland Harbor today Cheers! Jpeg Attachments

Riddim Driven769October 06, 2009 12:50AM

Fantastic Adam and Larry Thumbs up! I'll definitely have to visit there one of these days... (n/t)

PaulGeo197October 07, 2009 01:40AM

Anytime Man! Lots of nice rock formations here Laughing (n/t)

Riddim Driven323October 07, 2009 04:23AM

Sounds like a good time, Adam.Thumbs up!Beautiful photo of the Lighthouse. (n/t)

Mark C.209October 06, 2009 01:48PM

Excellent! Looks like a nice mini-meet! Thumbs up! (n/t)

Anonymous User204October 06, 2009 01:41PM

Very cool guysThumbs up! (n/t)

Tony Duronio201October 06, 2009 01:11PM

Cheers! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Smile Thumbs up! Perfect! (n/t)

IF203October 06, 2009 10:40AM

just awesome.... larry is a great guy.. and so are you (n/t)

anjizkit207October 06, 2009 05:58AM

Aw shucks Blushing (n/t)

Riddim Driven226October 06, 2009 01:13PM

Nice report. (n/t)

Johnny Sako208October 06, 2009 03:39AM

Well, done! Clapping! (I occasionally visit a Portland ME webcam, small world!) (n/t)

John N196October 06, 2009 03:09AM

Cool, Adam! Larry's one of ours! Thumbs up! (n/t)

MCV186October 06, 2009 02:26AM

Tru Dat Wink (n/t)

Riddim Driven224October 06, 2009 02:40AM

Re: Travel Report "Larry" sailed his yacht into Portland Harbor today Cheers!

KMJ1966229October 06, 2009 02:25AM

No kidding, OOB huh, small world Smile Come back with some Russians Laughing (n/t)

Riddim Driven222October 06, 2009 02:36AM

Thumbs up! Looks like a great day! I hope to make it out to that coast someday... looks beautiful! (n/t)

Nuvolari212October 06, 2009 01:50AM

We'll leave a lighthouse on Laughing (n/t)

Riddim Driven240October 06, 2009 02:01AM

Order up some nice weather for me too, Adam (n/t)

carlos x202October 06, 2009 02:25AM

Will try, but better pack your wooliesSmile (n/t)

Riddim Driven201October 06, 2009 02:38AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates