Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Alpha Seamaster Homage

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Reto  
Current mood:
March 25, 2011 01:23PM
Alpha Seamaster Homage
Why: I know this is an homage, but the quality of this watch is simply outstanding for $79.99 with 'free' shipping (It's included in the price of the watch, but please see below).
It also has a: - Unidirectional rotating bezel
- The movement hacks!
- Very smooth screw down crown

Movement: Seagull TY2806 21 Jewel Automatic Movement
Just that it is a 21 jewel automatic and it keeps insanely good time (mine's at +6 seconds a day)

You can find them at Alpha-watch [DOT] com
=============================================
I just got this email from a fellow PMWFer and think I should share it with you all:

Hello Reto,

I wanted to advise you about my dealings with Alpha, based on your recommendation in the top 10 under $100.
Despite your statement that shipping is included in the price, when I placed my order Alpha requested an extra $18 for expedited and insured EMS shipping. They stated that their watch would be stolen in the mail unless I paid this extra fee, and would take NO responsibility for non-delivery unless I paid it.
Having paid their extra charge, they then sat on my order for a week before shipping it out. Not really very expedited! I challenged them on this, and was told that the delay was
"It is because we need to check very carefully and ensure the watch is perfect condition before ship the watch to you ."
That's pretty weak, IMHO, after charging me 20% more for expedited shipping.
I thought I should let you know, in case you want to add a note to your recommendation in the top 10.

Regards,
D.C.

=============================================
Chosen by: Need_Omega

Here is a pic from their site - doesn't do it justice at all!, and a borrowed pic:

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 02:13AM by Reto.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Alpha Seamaster Homage Image Attachments

Reto23488March 25, 2011 01:23PM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates