Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Soviet Era Watches:The Mother load

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Inserbia  
Current mood:
December 20, 2013 02:34PM
Hello again from Serbia.
People I just have to post this news today after an incredible sequence of events that started yesterday and ended with me sitting in a little shack surrounded by at least 8,000 soviet era watches!!!

Background:
So last evening I attended a family dinner and the talk got around to watches amongst a group of guys drinking some good wine. Of course my interest was high when one guy mentioned a local watch repair he had recently had done on his fathers antique Swiss watch. The amazing thing i picked up on was the Master watch repairer came from a family of watch repairers with a tradition going back 103 years in this town.

Even more amazing was the fact that his home was less then 100 meters from my apartment. First thing this morning in temperatures around minus 4 degrees I started out on a mission with high hopes of locating maybe a couple of examples to add to my small collection. I have been living here in south Serbia for the last 2 years or so, working out of Mauritius every 3 months or so ( see my first blog-Serbian watch heaven)

I cant explain it but have always believed that a large stock of these watches must be floating around, have put feelers out, checked local markets and shops with very little success, only 21 watches purchased over 2 years.

Today all that changed, fate and only fate has lead me to a very nice man, my neighbour really and over a 1 hour period he proceeded to pull out draw after draw packed with Poljot, Raketa, Vostok, Slavia, Chaika, - you name it, and in thier thousands, jaw dropping stuff, spare parts, straps, i was speechless and shocked.

We agreed to meet in one weeks time and go over the models i want , he said i can take photos of his workplace when I explained how amazing it was and i wanted to share with other enthusiasts from around the world.
I truly believe this is a major find, I never need to go anywhere else looking for these wonderful watches ever again, so prepare to be shocked in 8 days or so, believe me even though my knowledge is limited, I saw examples today thatwill blow you all away. 1967 Amphibians (box load) kid you not. So very excited and just wanted to share. Will get some further info together but Mark Gordon's collection dont even come close to what I saw today( big call I know) in a little shack, in a little Serbian town, stuffed into shoe boxes, over flowing work benches, images to die for
My best Regards from Serbia
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Soviet Era Watches:The Mother load

Inserbia234December 20, 2013 02:34PM

Re: Soviet Era Watches:The Mother load

Inserbia80December 21, 2013 05:56PM

Thumbs up! Very cool! Can't wait to see! (n/t)

BobbyMike43December 20, 2013 07:51PM

Very interesting! Good luck and keep posting when you have pics! Cheers!Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF41December 20, 2013 02:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates