Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Aftermarket Parts for Vostok Amphibia 09

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
December 12, 2013 05:42AM
Hello all. First post on PMWF forum in a very long time. I recently sent my main watch off to be serviced, thinking I could use my sportswatch in the meantime. Well, can't find my Timex Ironman, so thought I could be like young kids these days and just use my smart phone. WRONG. I don't know how they do it. It was driving me bonkers to glance down at my wrist, not know that time, look around the room in vain for a clock, and then have to reach in my pocket, pull out my iPhone, and hit the button just to see the time.

So.. I was just going to buy a cheapie Timex Weekender to get buy. But then I realized for just a few bucks more.... I could get a mechanical watch of legendary reliability, with an in-house movement, and 200 meters of water resistance provided by one of the more innovated case designs in the watch world. Hells yeah, baby -- I'm talking about the Vostok.

I'd heard of the Vostok before, but, well, I could never really get used to the scuba-dude and I'm something of a weirdo in that I hate the look of date windows on watches. Screws up the symmetry of the dial, IMHO. But when I saw the 09 version, with the clean, umared 3-6-9 Dial (I'm a sucker for Explorer-type dials) and the cool cushion case with hidden lugs, I bought one.

Well, it came and I'm thrilled. Love it. Except that now I've seen the 1967 re-issues and, well, I'm jealous of those paddle hands. And the full lume dials. And totally kick-butt bracelets.

So my question is this: I know I can get the dial re-lumed at everest watch works. And I know there's a guy who sells an upgraded bezel that takes seiko inserts. But does anyone sell those cool large-format paddle watch hands like on the 1967 re-issue? Anyone sell that awesome looking bracelet?

Also, if I wanted to give my rather shiny case a brushed look without gooning up the job, how might I go about that? And has anyone tried wearing these things with Olongapo bracelets? If so, got any pics?

Finally, one thing I was thinking of trying was taking the original bezel off, enameling it black, and then repainting the markers and numbers, keeping the red part red, but painting the now black markers and numbers white. What do you guys think? Could that be done? Would it work if I repainted the bezel markers with super lume? Thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time for your help with this.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aftermarket Parts for Vostok Amphibia 09

Copywriter404December 12, 2013 05:42AM

Re: Aftermarket Parts for Vostok Amphibia 09 URL

Dave M230December 12, 2013 11:13PM

Many questions , indeed! Smile Welcome to PMWF! to pmwf!Thumbs up!

IF101December 12, 2013 06:41AM

Re: Many questions , indeed! Smile Welcome to PMWF! to pmwf!Thumbs up!

Copywriter102December 12, 2013 05:50PM

Smile Good one! For me it is a yesno!Smile

IF102December 12, 2013 07:24PM

Re: Smile Good one! For me it is a yesno!Smile

Copywriter88December 17, 2013 06:02AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates