Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

From the Soviet Union, to The Philippines, to The UK

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
December 09, 2013 03:20PM
For a while I have been disolussioned about the plethora of NOS Radio Rooms and the obvious fakes with their perfect (or not) paperwork and wrong movements and hands etc. So for a long while I have been searching (off ebay) for a real radio room. I managed to find reference to someone selling one on a Philippine forum some while ago and that someone in Europe had reserved it. I contacted the owner and he told me that the deal never went through. A bit of haggling, a price was agreed and I paypalled the money to him. Crossed my fingers and waited!

Well Christmas came early, today in the post, after just 8 days, a used but not too battered Radio Room.

It is the Albatross version with a 2409 movement, Boctok symbol high on the dial and the latter of the two bezel types we see on these watches. It has the antimagnetic shield and an interesting case back. after a short wind it seems to keep very good time too.

As Ed told me, this case back is not original as it clearly says self-winding. Unless someone in the factory put the wrong case back on or they ran out of the usual ones. The design seems to be a trademark for TimePeace Russian Watches, Inc. If anyone knows more about this please let me know, I am interested.

I am very pleased about my slightly used, slightly scratched, genuine radio room.

Finding a suitable strap in the UK was hard work and this 5 ring nato seems to do the job.

Hope you like the pics.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

From the Soviet Union, to The Philippines, to The UK Jpeg Attachments

GMAN206December 09, 2013 03:20PM

Great combo on that strap. Congrats! Cheers! (n/t)

JFK353122February 09, 2014 10:57PM

Re: From the Soviet Union, to The Philippines, to The UK

Inserbia32January 24, 2014 10:02AM

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up (n/t)

Ed Brandwein26December 10, 2013 04:21PM

A great watch! Enjoy it! SmileThumbs up!

IF42December 09, 2013 08:01PM

Re: A great watch! Enjoy it! SmileThumbs up! URL

GMAN37December 09, 2013 09:52PM

Last week a broken one was sold above 150 dollars!Eek!Smile (n/t)

IF32December 10, 2013 04:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates