Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Vostok Amphibia 090 Tonneau

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
July 13, 2013 09:28PM
Recently, Vostok added a few new case styles to the Classic Amphibian lineup. Among them is the "090," a reissue of the old tonneau case, now with 22mm lugs. I had an early 80s Tonneau and never fell in love with it, but I figured I'd give it another shot. Glad I did -- these are very nice Amphibians. Not to be confused with the upmarket "1967" series of a few years ago, this is a regular Amphibian, priced the same as the rest. The nice thing about these are a few recent enhancements -- the bracelet is actually acceptable now! Nothing too fancy, just a competent folded-link steel bracelet, but it's sturdy and comfortable, and you can re-size it without destroying it. Plus, the 22mm lugs allow for wider straps that better complement this big case. The 18mm lugs on the old tonneau were a bit too skinny, in my opinion. Another nice plus is the bezel, which is in the style of the old tonneau bezel, but chunkier. The lume isn't great (I addressed it for mine -- more on that below), but for the price, this is still a superb diving watch, with unique and eye catching style. It's available in polished and matte finishes -- I went for the matte. I splurged a bit on the lume, but even with that (which was more than the watch itself), this is still a lot of watch for the money.

These photos reflect a few enhancements -- "vintage tritium" superluminova by Everest Watchworks (inspired by the rare 300m Amphibians from the 70s-80s, which this closely resembles), and a NATO strap.

...and on the stock bracelet:

My old 1980s beater Tonneau (sold long ago):

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2013 09:39PM by Mister Mike.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Vostok Amphibia 090 Tonneau Jpeg Attachments

Mister Mike1941July 13, 2013 09:28PM

Wonderful mod sir! Thumbs Up ... I've got one too and wonder if this ones case is based on the 300 m model. (n/t)

Ed Brandwein144July 22, 2013 12:59PM

Gorgeous. Congratulations! Cheers! (n/t)

JFK353173July 14, 2013 08:27PM

Sweet! Thumbs up! IMproving the lume was a great idea! (n/t)

BobbyMike89July 13, 2013 10:51PM

Must agree here and enjoy it! Cheers!Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF69July 13, 2013 09:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates