Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

It's a happy day, a new watch arrived "I'm Back, I'm Back in the USSR!" Watch made in Russia (or CCCP)

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
May 21, 2013 10:36PM
Yes as the Beatles sang, I'm back in the USSR! or back to owning some affordable Russian fun! It's a happy day, a new watch arrived

I have owned the original and WUS special Edition Radio Room Amphibia and the 1967 reissue, but sold off all of my Russians a couple years back.

But thanks to Dave Murphy when I saw his reissue of the blue Amphibia that the 1967 was based upon, I ordered one & when the Radio Room from the same seller was in stock again I pounced. Clapping!

They're not as cheap as they used to be, but still a good value for the money IMHO. I like many took them off the OEM bracelet & straps and substituted straps. I have a mesh on its way from HK for the blue dial. I'm not sure the strap I have for the Radio room works so feel free to critique and provide any recommendations.

I took the Radio Room's OEM ruber strap off b/c the lugs stick straight out horizontally and the rubber was too stiff to conform to the curvature of my wrist. So I put on that supple leather strap designed for flieger watches. A word of caution for those interested in the 110 case - the lugs may make it difficult to wear if you have wrists smaller than 7" as it's like wearing a small plate on your wrist. Oops! I am confused

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2013 10:38PM by Sfnewguy.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's a happy day, a new watch arrived "I'm Back, I'm Back in the USSR!" Watch made in Russia (or CCCP) Image Attachments

Sfnewguy376May 21, 2013 10:36PM

Aha! Good to see you, Joon! Enjoy! (n/t)

Dave M72May 29, 2013 02:42PM

Thank you! Dave

Sfnewguy63May 29, 2013 05:53PM

Congrats Joon and good to see you too Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto64May 29, 2013 06:17AM

Thank you! Reto (n/t)

Sfnewguy67May 29, 2013 05:52PM

I have the Tonneau case diver too smile

Ed Brandwein105May 24, 2013 01:55PM

Thanks Ed

Sfnewguy76May 27, 2013 04:01PM

Thumbs up!Thumbs up!Smile (n/t)

IF71May 22, 2013 07:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates