Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

What I did with my new Vostok ...

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
June 23, 2012 11:49PM
So, after experiencing great service from Zenitar (no affiliation), I just had to order a couple more watches from him, right?

Here is his stock picture of one of them I got, with the new bezel:

I love the dial and the case shape. The new bezel is a big improvement, but certainly not as good as the Murphy mod. Time will tell if that will be changed out. Since it's new, I'll wear it with this bezel for now.

I've decided that I don't really like the highly polished surface of the case, which I've dulled a bit on one of my similar Amphibias

So that was going to be one of the first things I did with this one. Also, I HATE the bright surface of the stock bracelet. In the past, the conventional wisdom was to immediately replace the bracelet. However, this newer bracelet looked to be ][ much better than ones in the past, so I thought I might try dulling the surface on that, too.

So I took out my Dremel drill, used a conical shaped stone, and roughed up the bracelet and the case. Then I took some 180 grit sandpaper, and smoothed it out a bit. I left the sides of the case brightly finished for now. I probably need to refine the sanding a bit, but for now I kind of like it! The bracelet, though still very light weight, doesn't seem to pull hairs, and actually looks a lot better (IMO).

Bracelet before:

After polishing:

One last thing about that bracelet-it was one of the hardest bracelets to size I've ever experienced. The split pins came out just fine. Getting them back in was a nightmare. I bent one up before discovering that I had to guide the pins with a thin blade in order to get them to line back up with the final hole when reinstalling them. If I hadn't of just spent an hour and a half polishing the bracelet, I would have just given up.

Joe

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.
Carl Sandburg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2012 12:01AM by JFK3531.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What I did with my new Vostok ... Jpeg Attachments

JFK3531963June 23, 2012 11:49PM

Good looking Amphibia Thumbs Up (n/t)

Ed Brandwein197June 24, 2012 11:07PM

Thanks, Ed! I kind of like having the marked clasp with this.

JFK3531125June 25, 2012 11:32AM

I've thought about retrofitting that clasp on a better bracelet. One day smile (n/t)

Ed Brandwein138June 27, 2012 11:53AM

Seeing how it looks, the same occurred to me. The clasp actually functions pretty well. (n/t)

JFK3531144June 27, 2012 06:16PM

Great stuff! I love the new bezel and that bracelet does suit it, I must say. Congrats SmileThumbs up! (n/t)

Need_Omega167June 24, 2012 12:53AM

Thanks, Alex!

JFK3531107June 24, 2012 06:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates