Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Is the 31 jewel 2416B Vostok movement wonky, or is this a fluke?

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
February 12, 2012 02:03AM
I've currently got two Vostoks in my collection. The first is a round cased Amphibian that I purchased a couple of years ago. It has the 2416A movement, and has run like a champ since I've gotten it.

The second is one I picked up 6 months ago. It has the newer, 31 jewel 2416B movement. This week it just stopped. Now I don't wear either one everyday, so I've probably worn this one no more than a couple dozen times. This watch has the cushion case with the 22mm lugs, which I greatly prefer over the round case. But I'm not really enamored over the thing just up and quitting.

I've considered getting the watch re-lumed, and possibly getting a new movement dropped in at the same time (by the time I pay someone to fix the old movement, it seems just as cheap to get a whole new movement). I'm wondering if this is fairly common with this movement (I never dropped this watch, haven't subjected it to any trauma whatsoever, and hardly ever even set it back and forth to set the date).

So, anyone else with any experience on the 2416B?

Joe

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.
Carl Sandburg

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is the 31 jewel 2416B Vostok movement wonky, or is this a fluke? Jpeg Attachments

JFK35313530February 12, 2012 02:03AM

Try drawing the crown all the way out to the set position and ...

Ed Brandwein366February 13, 2012 12:46PM

Thanks. Saw that before-tried it several times-no luck. Frowning (n/t)

JFK3531223February 14, 2012 01:10AM

Sounds like its got issues all right (n/t)

Ed Brandwein206February 14, 2012 12:45PM

I've had mine for about a year and haven't had a problem >>>

Need_Omega230February 13, 2012 02:03AM

I'm guessing a fluke

Anonymous User205February 12, 2012 04:06AM

I forgot about my CCCP 17 jewel handwinder... Jpeg Attachments

JFK3531348February 12, 2012 06:06AM

Yep... I have one of those in blue and it is wonky... URL

Anonymous User306February 12, 2012 03:22PM

I did buy it from Zenitar, tried e-mailing him, but have received no reply. Frowning (n/t)

JFK3531274February 12, 2012 08:38PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates