Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Another way to GLUE a BEZEL INSERT(Beginner) >>>

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Anonymous User
November 30, 2010 03:37PM
Matt V posted an excellent article on bezel maintenance at:

How to REPLACE A SCRATCHED BEZEL INSERT (Talented Beginner, link to forum post)

In that article, Matt demonstrates the use of the G-S adhesive. I use the exact same product, when I am installing an insert into a bezel with a small ledge.

In this article, I will demonstrate another type of glue. I prefer the following product, when the insert is being installed into an insert with a wide ledge. This style can be found in many Seiko Divers.

First off, do a trial fit of your bezel insert. If you are using an aftermarket insert, the size can vary by a few tenths of a millimeter. If your insert is too big, you can remove metal by sanding the edges slightly.

This is my favorite product for this type of installation. It has a good strength, and it is waterproof. But when you need to remove your insert, it will let go.

I use a fine hobbyist brush to paint a line of glue on the back of the insert, and another line in the recess of the bezel.

Let the glue dry.

Install the insert into the bezel. With this glue, you get one chance! So, if you need to make alignment, do so carefully.

This bezel is a non-indexed type. So I have installed the insert off the watch.
Use a soft cloth to press the insert into the bezel.
If you have glue "squeeze-out", the cloth will turn it into little glue-balls. These glue-balls will wipe up with the cloth, leaving a clean installation.

Next, install your bezel.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Another way to GLUE a BEZEL INSERT(Beginner) >>> Jpeg Attachments URL

Anonymous User7653November 30, 2010 03:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates