Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

How to get WALMART to PRINT YOUR DIALS (Talented beginner) >>>

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Anonymous User
October 31, 2010 07:40PM
I'm jonesin to get my yellow dialed kayaker back. I've also grown fond of dials with stick indices. Let's design up a new dial that resembles a DOXA! dial. Let's also consult out notes and put the date hole exactly where it belongs.

Oops, time to go kayaking. Get your Mom to snap pics of you in the lake. Crop the hi-res photo to exactly 5x7 format.

Complain about the limited resolution of your printer. Also complain about the limited choices of paper. I know, let's make someone else print this, in their photo processor that costs a kazillion dollars.

Do some math. Try to figure out how big a dial will be in 5x7 format. Make another 5 percent smaller. Make another 5 percent bigger. Draw a square that you think will end up exactly 1" on a side.

Send the print over the internet to Walmart photo department at full resolution. Order 5x7 prints.
Get in the car and drive to Walmart. Pay them a buck for each print.

Get the print, and carefully measure the results with your calipers. Do some more math. Find out exactly what size to make your dials. I found out that my magic number was 3.3 percent bigger than I originally thought. Correct them, paste them to the same photo, and send it over the internet to Walmart again. Try some colors. Try letting the blue ripples of water come through the print.

Get back in the car and pick up your printed dials which are exactly the right size.

Experiment with this leather punch, and find the punch that looks the best as a date hole. Get out the scissors.

Do a bad job applying luminous material. Do three dials, pick out the best one, throw away the other two. Close enough for rock and roll!

Stick it on with the crutch of bad modders everywhere, dial dots.

Put it all back together.

oops. Time to go kayaking again.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How to get WALMART to PRINT YOUR DIALS (Talented beginner) >>> Jpeg Attachments

Anonymous User4605October 31, 2010 07:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates