Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Lianyungang and Shanghai ZSH

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
February 19, 2014 08:10PM
Lianyungang is one of many cities in Jiangsu which had a watch factory, but examples of its output are usually not easy to find. A few days ago, however, I noticed a seller on a Chinese auction site has a number of Lianyungang brand watches for sale, but that was after I already had this one.

I still don’t know what a “correct” movement in a Lianyungang brand watch is, but it appears likely that the factory used movements that were manufactured elsewhere.

Highly respected collectors soviet and Joel Chan, said in an old WUS thread that they have Lianyungang watches with 19 jewel Shanghai-made SS7 movements inside. Just like this one, 17 Zuan is printed on the dial of both of their examples. The fu (secondary class) appears on Joel Chan’s, but the movement isn’t partly decorated like mine. I might be wrong, but it looks like his, similarly to mine, doesn’t have a date code.

I bought this Shanghai watch because I like the case, and it didn’t cost much.

I think the models marked ZSH on the back are the successors to the short-lived single calendar 7220 model. The date can be advanced by moving the hands back to about 10 PM and forward to midnight.

Like the Lianyungang, this one says 17 jewels on the dial, but has a 19 jewel movement. It’s likely that this Shanghai is a mix of parts from different watches. What makes it puzzling is the fact that the ZSH movement has a date code of AB. AB might indicate an early date (February 1974), but if it were in fact that early, it wouldn’t be marked ZSH (1979 or later). I don’t know how to explain this one.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lianyungang and Shanghai ZSH Jpeg Attachments URL

saskwatch191February 19, 2014 08:10PM

Lovely watches ! SmileThumbs up! (n/t)

IF50February 21, 2014 01:14AM

I'd love to know the backstory on the Lianyungang case back...

Anonymous User32February 20, 2014 04:37PM

That Lianyungang is sweet! Congrats! Thumbs up! (n/t)

BobbyMike36February 19, 2014 08:23PM

Re: That Lianyungang is sweet! Congrats! Thumbs up!

Anonymous User20February 26, 2014 12:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates