Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Lanhua & Yinbei

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
September 25, 2013 03:15PM
It has been quiet around here lately, so I suppose now would be a good time to start adding some more VCM posts. Smile

My last had examples of what I believe are the best mass produced wrist watches China ever produced, the ST5 Seagull and the SM1A-K ZuanShi. This one has a couple of their lower grade counterparts.

China’s grading system was based on minimum standards, but there’s plenty of evidence that the quality of many lower grade models greatly exceeded these minimums. For example, it has been documented that some grade 1 watches were given lower grade brand names in order to circumvent price controls in the early 1980s. I don’t know if my new acquisitions would be such examples, but both run very well.

Tianjin Watch Factory’s grade 2 brand was Lanhua.

It has an unsigned crown and a striped ST5 movement.

Shanghai No. 4 Watch Factory’s grade 3 brand was Yinbei.

There are examples of Yinbei dials on which the cup (trophy) logo appears with or without a diamond inside, but this is the only one I’ve seen where the cup is inside the diamond. Laughing

This one’s crown is unsigned too. The SM1A-K movement has a code, SM1-82-3, under the balance, dating it to March 1982.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lanhua & Yinbei Jpeg Attachments

saskwatch218September 25, 2013 03:15PM

The Lanhua with striped movement is a beauty! Thumbs up!

Kenny L78October 11, 2013 07:47AM

Thanks! Smile (n/t)

saskwatch53October 16, 2013 03:09PM

The Yinbei is a very cool catch and your lanhua is pristine...

Anonymous User146September 30, 2013 04:23PM

Re: The Yinbei is a very cool catch and your lanhua is pristine...

WilliamCabrera54October 07, 2013 05:07AM

That striped movement on the Lanhua is beautiful and classy! Thumbs up! (n/t)

BobbyMike54September 30, 2013 11:15PM

Thanks to both of you. Smile (n/t)

saskwatch50October 02, 2013 02:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates