Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Taihang & Yalong

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
June 27, 2013 07:47PM
I was very impressed with the pair of Taihangs I bought a few months ago, so I got another.

This one is equally impressive. I don’t know what the letters under the balance, BH, mean but ZJS, Shijiazhuang City Watch Factory’s code, appears there too.

This second watch doesn’t have much in common with the first other than that I bought it from the same seller.

I had never heard of Yalong watches when I first saw this one. Before I bought it I looked for any references to the brand. All I could find was that Yalong was a trademark of Yangzhou Watch Factory. It makes sense – the double calendar looks a lot like what I’ve seen on some Qionghua brand watches. The date can be advanced by moving the hands back and forth between 10 PM and midnight. The day can be advanced by moving the hands back and forth between midnight and 2 AM.

The crown is signed with 亚 (ya), and it appears the brand name is 亚龙. I don't know what it means in English. Not surprisingly, there is a simplified tongji movement inside.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Taihang & Yalong Jpeg Attachments

saskwatch457June 27, 2013 07:47PM

Amazing variety in vintage Chinese watches! SmileThumbs up! (n/t)

IF37December 02, 2013 12:12PM

I love the Yalong. Also because it has longer hands. I am not sure >>>

Reto167July 16, 2013 10:34PM

Thanks! I think it was a stylistic preference for a time >>>

saskwatch75July 23, 2013 03:28PM

I've always found Taihang watches to be very well built, and ...

Anonymous User138June 28, 2013 05:12PM

Re: I've always found Taihang watches to be very well built, and ...

WilliamCabrera92July 24, 2013 05:23AM

Thanks! There was a period last year when...

saskwatch107June 28, 2013 08:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates