Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Hefei-made Baoshihua & Shanghai 1110

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
June 06, 2013 02:59PM
In March I mentioned that I found an article stating that Shanghai No.2 Watch Factory contracted Hefei Watch Factory to produce some Baoshihua brand watches. I didn’t know at the time that what is probably an example of one was on its way here.

It looks a lot like a Baoshihua AlbertaTime bought in Zhengzhou. After he posted its picture, I said:

saskwatch
I wouldn't be surprised if the Baoshihua was one of the Hefei-made models.

I didn’t mention that I already had this one in hand. I also didn’t notice until later that the colour of the numbers of the calendar is not the same as on mine, so my guess could be incorrect.

The back had stickers…

…which when removed revealed this:

Signed crown:

The movement is marked AH 2J2.

I’ve already speculated that AH could be Anhui, Hefei’s province, but I still can’t explain the 2J2. Instead of the expected ZSE, AH 2J2 appears again under the balance.

I planned to post it with another Baoshihua I purchased later, but unfortunately the second one had been damaged sometime on its journey here. It may be related to the fact that the parcel had been opened at some point and was still open when it arrived. Instead, here’s a Shanghai 1110.

The 1110 was made in the later 1960s. It’s the more or less the same model as the more well-known 1120, except it has a chrome-plated case.

The code, CD, dates it to April 1968.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hefei-made Baoshihua & Shanghai 1110 Jpeg Attachments URL

saskwatch347June 06, 2013 02:59PM

Re: Hefei-made Baoshihua & Shanghai 1110

Anonymous User71August 30, 2013 04:13AM

They are not impossible to find. PM me and I will provide some details. (n/t)

Anonymous User97September 02, 2013 09:19PM

The Baoshihua is the same as the one I got at Liu Shuli's shop first visit... URL

Anonymous User104June 08, 2013 05:00PM

Oops! I forgot about that one. Interesting how...

saskwatch73June 08, 2013 07:35PM

Lovely watches! Thumbs up!Smile (n/t)

IF78June 06, 2013 06:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates