Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

High-beat ZuanShi (Diamond) stopwatches

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
May 15, 2013 05:28PM
Good things come in small packages. Smile

Although I can’t find any official evidence, it has been said that the ZuanShi 502 was used only for military purposes. It runs at an amazing 180,000 bph, measuring time to one fiftieth of a second. The centre hand sprints around the dial every six seconds. An action shot:

There’s only one pusher. Hit it once to start and a second time to stop. A third time causes the hands to fly back to the top of the dial.

The back is marked with a serial number, but I don’t know its significance.

Inside the box is the accompanying paperwork. I can’t read it, but it appears to date to June 1969, only two months after the factory introduced the SM1A wristwatch. It’s interesting that only models 501 to 506 are listed.

180,000 bph is very fast, but the 502 movement doesn’t have the fastest beat rate Shanghai Stopwatch Factory produced. The 501 measures time to one hundredth of a second, running at a mind-boggling 360,000 bph. To put it another way, it hums away at 50 Hz.

It came in a box, but without the paperwork.

It functions in the same way as the 502, but the centre hand flies around the dial every three seconds.

The back has no serial number, but it is scratched with what looks like 38-3. It looks like the number 38 is also written on the box.

Like the 502 I didn’t open the 501 for any movement pictures, but I saved the seller’s:

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

High-beat ZuanShi (Diamond) stopwatches Jpeg Attachments

saskwatch295May 15, 2013 05:28PM

Chinese text translation

optical61November 24, 2013 06:16AM

Many thanks for the translations. To learn what the text means...

saskwatch34November 25, 2013 01:45PM

Thnaks for the translation! Thumbs up! (n/t)

BobbyMike27November 24, 2013 08:11PM

Re: High-beat ZuanShi (Diamond) stopwatches

vladster99May 18, 2013 08:42AM

Re: High-beat ZuanShi (Diamond) stopwatches

WilliamCabrera85May 18, 2013 10:57AM

Never seen such items before! Great to see them and bravo for finding them! Cheers!Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF83May 15, 2013 07:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates