Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

AlbertaTime returns to China. Post #6 - **Lotsa** watch content...and lotsa gratitude...

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Anonymous User
April 10, 2013 05:12PM
Finally I've had time to take these photos and to compile the information (with Joel's help) that I needed to do this properly.

Here's the watches (and some additional ephemera) I've been blessed with so far this trip (with huge thanks to a number of very kind people for most of it):

Mr Zhou, webmaster of the Chinese watch forum at www.watchstore.cn, provided this lovely Qionghua...

...and this collection of Zhongshan dials:

This rare prototype piepan dial Zuanshi (with a S marked on the back case) was given by Mr Shao, webmaster of the Chinese watch forum: yiwatch.net:

These original research papers on the A-581 and SS1A movements were written and provided by Mr.Cheng, the webmaster of China's yiwatch.net and camgle.com, (Once translated and placed at the AMCHPR, this will be the first time the documentation will have been seen in the English language):

This masterful list of watch brands and originating provinces was gifted by Mr. Zhou:

I believe Mr. Tong (or possibly Joel?) provided this original translation of the article where I was quoted in China Watch and Clock's "Fans of Timekeeper" supplement:

...and here's the copy of the article itself, now signed by both the author, Mr. Tong (Production Team member for the A581 movement as well as the former vice chief engineer of Xian HongQi Watch Factory and the former Senior Engineer at Shanghai Watch Factory) and Mr Jiang (Designer of the Shanghai Watch Factory SS1A movement).

These next 8 watches were very generously gifted to me by Joel Chan:

and this Zijinshan which Joel says can be my first successful repair as there's only a couple of small things wrong with it wink

...and here's a couple I picked up myself at the Dongtai Lu market, the first from the seller I shook hands with (Joel's good friend...who gave me a much better-than-usual deal) because I don't recall seeing a Hai Shi with the red Hai Shi characters between the branding...

...and this because I wanted a day/date Chunlei:

...and, yes, I do feel like one of the luckiest people on the planet smile
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

AlbertaTime returns to China. Post #6 - **Lotsa** watch content...and lotsa gratitude... Jpeg Attachments URL

Anonymous User336April 10, 2013 05:12PM

Great post Ron, thanks for sharing Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto103April 29, 2013 08:54AM

you have had a special privilege, cherish the time and relationships ! (n/t)

tingrin102April 12, 2013 07:03AM

Fantastic ! (n/t)

JP97April 11, 2013 01:33PM

I am very happy to see how big humans can become when they do wish to do so!Cheers!Cheers!Cheers!subject smiley65! (n/t)

IF104April 10, 2013 08:52PM

DroolingDroolingDrooling WOW!!! DroolingDroolingDrooling >>>

saskwatch126April 10, 2013 06:26PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates