Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

AlbertaTime returns to China. Post #4 - Shanghai City Centre and the Bund...

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Anonymous User
April 08, 2013 06:50PM
(Still writing from Luoyang)

WatchuSeek member ntchen (who I'd first met on China's iwatch forum) and I had made plans to meet in Shanghai, along with WatchuSeek member 13143268 (Sean), and April 6th was the day this was gonna happen, so I knew it was going to be a fine enough day. I had no real idea...wink

I wanted to start the day with a visit to Mr. Billy's Handmade Shoes in Shanghai, which I'd read about on the net, but Billy's store was closed when I got there, and it looked dusty, almost boarded up, and very closed so I took a cab back to the hotel, and then headed straight down to Shanghai City Center for another look around. And the weather was windy but much more sunny than the last couple of days, so...good.

Now, Shanghai City Center is a tourist mecca in Shanghai...loads of high-end and mid-market shops, many of them large. It's readily apparent that this is a cosmopolitan area of town, teeming from early on till quite late at night with people from all over the world shopping and taking photos of each other and of the stores...and when in Rome...

...but if you go two blocks away from that very fashionable section, you get another day-to-day Chinese big-city neighbourhood...

After that walk-around, I grabbed a couple of hot lamb skewers from a street seller and then headed to the Bund for some shots of the riverfront and the Oriental Pearl Radio & TV Tower / 东方明珠塔...

...and I still had the evening to come...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 06:53PM by AlbertaTime.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

AlbertaTime returns to China. Post #4 - Shanghai City Centre and the Bund... Jpeg Attachments

Anonymous User303April 08, 2013 06:50PM

Great pictures Ron, thanks a lot for sharing with us TU1 (n/t)

Reto101April 10, 2013 10:54AM

Keep going ... smile (n/t)

JP92April 08, 2013 09:30PM

Shanghai appears to be an exciting city with a lot to offer >>>

saskwatch111April 08, 2013 09:03PM

Amazing! Cheers!Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF95April 08, 2013 07:38PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates