Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

From Jilin: Meihualu railway pocket watch & Aoqilj wristwatch

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
March 27, 2013 03:32PM
A VCM collection should probably include at least one Meihualu pocket watch. Jilin Watch Factory manufactured them using a larger version of the tongji movement. This one’s about 45 mm across.

The back is stamped with the China Rail logo and the number 4016. Below is 一九七五, which I think denotes the year 1975, a time when coal-powered steam locomotives were in predominant use in China. It appears that this watch was used (and it definitely looks like it was used) by an employee or employees of the railways. It has been said that the best quality Meihualu pocket watches were reserved for military and railway use.

I’d open it to take a movement photo, but I don’t know how.

Also from Jilin is this wristwatch.

Aoqilj is an odd brand name. WUS member Seele once described it as looking like it was created by a cat walking across a keyboard. I think it was a mistake, however, because I’ve seen what I think is the same brand spelled Aoqili, although I don’t know how to translate it.

The factory name, Jilin Tian Xing Biao Chang translates literally to Jilin Sky Star Watch Factory. I couldn’t find much information about it, but it appears that it had a relationship with Jilin Watch Factory. Curiously, several JWF brands have either tian (Hangtian, Tianchi) or xing (Jixing, Fuxing) in their names. The watch’s crown and movement bear the marks of Jilin Watch Factory.

Under the balance is J824, probably dating the movement to April 1982.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

From Jilin: Meihualu railway pocket watch & Aoqilj wristwatch Jpeg Attachments

saskwatch446March 27, 2013 03:32PM

Especially impressed by the issued Meihualu... Jpeg Attachments

Anonymous User171March 27, 2013 03:51PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates