Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Diamond & Jin Ling

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
March 13, 2013 03:24PM
New to the collection are two not-particularly-old watches from Shanghai. The first is a Diamond.

The watch is smallish, but I like the shape of the case. The factory name on the back, Shanghai Diamond Watch Factory, dates it to 1986 or later.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t remove the back, but WUS moderators soviet and gigfy have said that this model has a ladies’ watch movement, the SB5Z, inside.

I put it on a Diamond brand nylon strap.

Jin Ling watches aren’t difficult to find in midsize models, but this is the only full-sized version I’ve seen.

The brand name could be translated to golden bell, but my translator tells me that ling is not bell, but the tinkling sound a small bell makes. The ringing bell logo normally seen on Jin Ling dials is not present.

The back is stamped with the factory name. Some other Jin Ling casebacks say 上海钟表零件厂 (Shanghai Clock & Watch Parts Factory?). The crown isn’t signed.

Inside is a ZHE movement from Harbin. It’s likely that Shanghai Jin Ling Watch & Clock Factory didn’t manufacture watch movements, but I don’t know with certainty. Under the balance is a date code beginning with ZHE, but it’s difficult to read.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Diamond & Jin Ling Jpeg Attachments

saskwatch232March 13, 2013 03:24PM

Your two new -- and quite beautiful -- pieces show that...

Anonymous User105March 14, 2013 12:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates