Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Shanghai Watch Factory: Hanzi character A-581 commemorative

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Anonymous User
September 06, 2012 04:54AM
Since I'm saving up for my next trip to China, I've been holding back some on buying new watches, but every so often...well, you know how it is...

Recently Shanghai Watch factory put out a series of somewhat higher end recreations/re-issues of the A-581 and A611 style watches. Most of these are respectful recreations or fairly close adaptations of original dials, but some are more fanciful including this example with Hanzi numerals whicjh I'd view more as a commemorative than a re-issue.

Keep in mind that Hanzi numerals were very rarely (as in: almost never) used on VCMs and never on the A-581/A611 style watches at all, but what a great idea!!! And especially since a number of very high end manufacturers from around the world (inlcuding Swiss makers) are putting out models with Chinese characters and Chinese imagery, why shouldn't Shanghai Watch factory do the same smile

First, the watch on the strap it was wearing when it got here:

...and a shot of the signed crown:

...followed by a shot of the caseback...

...and the movement.

You'll notice the print under the balance, which says 6401A which would mean January of 1964 on a true VCM, and that would be consistent with the single character zuan sign on the dial as well, but the movement (according to what I've been able to glean) is just made from older NOS or reconditioned parts but not a fully original older movement.

The original strap is real leather and not actually bad at all, but I almost never keep the original strap anyways, and this is no exception. I prefer this...

...because this is what I was hoping for on my wrist, and it's exactly what I wanted:

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Shanghai Watch Factory: Hanzi character A-581 commemorative Jpeg Attachments

Anonymous User1204September 06, 2012 04:54AM

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments! (n/t)

Anonymous User175September 07, 2012 07:54PM

Very nice smile (n/t)

wodo206September 07, 2012 06:35PM

It's a beautiful watch! Thumbs up! >>>

saskwatch184September 06, 2012 04:06PM

Very nice, Ron.Thumbs up! Congrats. (n/t)

Mark C.175September 06, 2012 01:34PM

Love those Hanzi numerals! Cool (n/t)

JFK3531170September 06, 2012 11:53AM

An impressively smooth piece, Ron Cheers! (n/t)

Ethan_Mack181September 06, 2012 07:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates