Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Moonphase, auto, limited edition and affordable...

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
June 28, 2012 07:09PM
An honestly Chinese affordable limited edition...It's the WUS 2011 Chinese Mechanical Watches forum 2011 "project watch" with an interesting development history that started with this WUS post. The watch is the end result of a collaboration by some interested folks on the WatchuSeek Chinese Mechanical Watch forum, and most of the collaboration went right past me as I was involved in other stuff. All aspects of the watch (style, dial, indices, crown etc) are the result of separate votes, leading to this final result.

...and I almost missed out on this because only 150 were made and they were all sold except about 5 that were held back for a time in case of any "first out the door" issues.

Well, anyways, it appears there were essentially no heavy-duty "first out" issues and so even though I was quite late to the asking (begging) and missed the original distribution. I'm very grateful to the project coordinator for his kindness to me; one of the last available pieces was made available (it's hard to sit down with such a firmly placed horseshoe).

The movement is a Sea-Gull ST2528 true moonphase 21,600 automatic (not just day/night) with custom blue rotor and it handwinds and hacks. The small pusher by the crown sets the moonphase and the small pusher at the 10 PM side of the case sets the date. Sapphire crystal, textured creme dial and very nice quality leather strap. This piece is #145 of 150...

I'm thrilled with the piece as a memento of my hobby and as an attractive dress watch, but I also think it's a very neat example of what can happen on a collaboration project.

The watch is honestly Chinese with a delivered price of $200 CDN and I think it's great value for the dollar even on it's own terms as a timepiece without the history.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Moonphase, auto, limited edition and affordable... Jpeg Attachments URL

AlbertaTime818June 28, 2012 07:09PM

Thumbs up! It's a very attractive watch! Each of its...

saskwatch213June 29, 2012 09:22PM

Wow, great price. I'd be willing to pay much more for that one! Congrats SmileThumbs up! (n/t)

Need_Omega180June 29, 2012 04:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates