Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Bawang & Shiyou

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
May 30, 2012 04:38PM
Zhengzhou Watch Factory was best known for producing HuangHe (Yellow River) brand watches featuring a 16 jewel upgrade of the SN-2 movement, but it also produced other brands. One of them, Bawang (overlord?), is often seen with 17 jewels marked on the dial. This one is marked 16.

I think it’s a later model.

The rounded edges of the case, along with the crystal and snap-on back, give it an interesting profile.

There isn’t much room for anything other than the movement inside.

Because the SN-2 is quite big, there really aren’t any small watches with this particular movement. It appears Zhengzhou Watch Factory used tongjis manufactured elsewhere in its midsize Wangguan (crown) brand. Nanjing, on the other hand, produced different movements to go into smaller watches, including an uncommon ladies’ watch movement (SN-4?) and the SN-5. I think this Shiyou has an SN-5.

It’s a midsize watch, but it wears slightly bigger due to its shape. I’m not a big fan of the “diamonds”, but I like the fade dial and the double calendar. The back has Nanjing's main brand, Zhongshan, on it.

The movement ticks at 21600 bph, a faster rate than the SN-2 (18000 bph)

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bawang & Shiyou Jpeg Attachments

saskwatch482May 30, 2012 04:38PM

The Bawang is cool, but I have a soft spot for the Shiyou...

AlbertaTime133June 01, 2012 06:24AM

Re: The Bawang is cool, but I have a soft spot for the Shiyou...

saskwatch106June 01, 2012 05:58PM

Re: Bawang & Shiyou

archeo-peterix105May 31, 2012 03:16AM

Very interesting ones, especially the Bawang watch! Really cool!Thumbs up!Smile (n/t)

IF160May 30, 2012 10:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates