Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Taihang two...more...

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
January 12, 2012 08:13AM
Ever since I received the very uncommon Taihang "junior officers" military use watch from my friend in Shijiazhuang, Ma Rong (Cameron Ma), Taihang branded watches have been among my very favourites. The build quality is always very, very good, the designs crisp and classic and the caseback is, IMHO, one of the best of any of the VCMs (made even more attractive/special to me following my own visit to the Taihang Mountains).

So I'm very thrilled with these two pieces that arrived at the AMCHPR with the group of watches in the wonderful charitable arrangement. Both have very nicely finished ZJS (Shijiazhuang Watch Factory) standard/tongji movements, nylon movement keepers, and were complete with anti-magnetic shrouds and sealing gaskets. Although technically Taihang watches were rated as second-grade (except the military versions) I've always found the build quality to be as good as the first-grade Shanghais from the same time period.

Gold-tone w/shrouded lugs...

Stainless w/ linen dial...

...and I now have 6 different Taihang pieces at the AMCHPR (and a pristine spare of the "for military")
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Taihang two...more... Jpeg Attachments URL

AlbertaTime354January 12, 2012 08:13AM

Great watches, for sure!SmileThumbs up!

IF96January 14, 2012 12:46PM

Very appreciated comment, Ioannis smile (n/t)

AlbertaTime116January 14, 2012 03:28PM

Very nice Ron Thumbs Up (n/t)

wodo110January 12, 2012 04:56PM

Thumbs up!Thumbs up! Congratulations! >>>

saskwatch90January 12, 2012 04:44PM

Love the silver one Thumbs up! (n/t)

kipnoxzema98January 12, 2012 10:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates