Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Shanghai Sea Gulls

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
June 16, 2011 05:55PM
The Tianjin Watch Factory introduced the Sea-Gull brand in 1973, and it has become quite successful -- but Sea Gull was already a Shanghai brand at the time. Here are two Shanghai Sea Gulls from the early 1970s.

First is a HaiOu (pinyin for Seagull) with a 21600 bph SS1 movement.

Second is a more difficult to find export Sea Gull with a Tongji movement.

I think the Shanghai crown is a replacement. I have doubts about the second hand too.

Not long after these were made, the Shanghai Watch Factory stopped using the Sea Gull name.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Shanghai Sea Gulls Jpeg Attachments

saskwatch666June 16, 2011 05:55PM

And now, I must thank you both! Time has come and you are the inspiration core!Cheers! (n/t)

IF128June 17, 2011 09:00PM

I'm sure it was the hope... URL

Anonymous User145June 16, 2011 07:16PM

Thank you! AlbertaTime!

saskwatch145June 17, 2011 07:21PM

Excellent post, it's exactly because of collectors like youthree that I've started looking at Chinese watches seriously! Thanks! (n/t)

BobbyMike119June 28, 2011 01:43PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
  PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates