Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Beware Scammer: Seth Loot (setloo001@gmail.com)

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
May 09, 2012 03:15PM
I had posted a WTB entry in the sales forum for a Steinhart Watch, particularly the Ocean Vintage Military. A couple of hours later I was emailed by a "Seth Loot" saying he had an OVM that he would sell me for $400 shipped, and I told him I would take it. He then asked for my address, and gave me his information and said as soon as the money was confirmed as sent via Western Union he would ship the watch. I let him know I was skeptical about blindly wiring money to the UK to a stranger, and he linked me to a vintage Rolex forum where there were two people vouching for a "Seth." Again, I was skeptical about the transaction and insisted on at least using Paypal, and the last I heard from him he said he was going to create a Paypal account. I did do a little searching for user-pics of the OVM to see if he could be a scammer that had stolen someone's pics claiming it as his own watch, and lo and behold I found a post in the Watchuseek forums for an OVM that had the three pics he sent me as well as 10 more. The Watchuseek poster seems to have numerous listings for sales in that forum, and says he is based in Italy and his email address confirms that. I'm assuming the Watchuseek poster is legit, and I have emailed him with some questions. Seth Loot said he was not a member of the PMWF, so I couldn't check on any previous posts/transactions. Here is the info he gave me:

setloo001@gmail.com

Seth Loot
39 Groove Street
London
E15 2JB
England
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Beware Scammer: Seth Loot (setloo001@gmail.com)

jaredkanallakan437May 09, 2012 03:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates