Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Watch out for BRETT LIVELY in WV, USA.

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
January 26, 2012 02:56PM

I'll preface this by saying that this is the first post of this nature I've ever made, in about 8 years of buying, selling, and trading watches. This post is made in the interest of educating sellers so that they may avoid winding up in the same situation.

Brett Lively ordered a custom made watch from me. The watch was sent out immediately, and the Paypal status was updated as always right away with "In Process", followed by a "Posted" with shipping and tracking info. When these updates are done, Paypal automatically sends the status to the email address attached to the Paypal account. There is no saying that shipping info was not received. Within approx 1 week, before receiving the item, or even allowing a reasonable amount of time for shipment, Mr. Lively initiated a Paypal dispute and a Chargeback, claiming non-receipt, and also claiming that he'd not received shipping info (not true) and that he'd been sending repeated emails asking for shipping info (not true, no emails were received until exactly when he initiated the chargeback) He then received the watch, and lifted the Paypal dispute, making me think that things were fine. However, since he initiated a Chargeback on his credit card, Paypal received no money, and hence I have no money either. Now, Paypal and myself wait while his credit card company makes a decision which may take up 3 months. Now, Mr. Lively has a watch, has not paid for it, and is giving me the run-around. He will not pay for the watch, and when he does respond to emails (which is spotty) he shoots me gibberish about Bill me Later and waiting for money from Paypal. This all means nothing to me, or Paypal, who are trying hard to help me with this case, since shen he cancelled the credit card payment, no one received money. Now, the "decision" is in the hands of his credit card company. I'm told that in nearly 100 percent of cases, the credit card company sides with their client regardless of facts, so it looks at this point like I'm out of luck.

Bottom line: He ordered a watch, cancelled Payment on the credit card, received the watch, and now will not pay up. Now this joker's walking around with a handmade custom watch, for free, at my expense.

His last message to me:

"Jake,
To date the money has not showed up in my Bill Me Later account.BML is waiting on PayPal for the funds.
Brett"

Problem with that is, there IS NO MONEY TO SHOW UP FROM PAYPAL. PAYPAL HAS NO MONEY FROM HIM. He cancelled the credit card payment by initiating a chargeback!

My last message:

"You cancelled the credit card Payment by doing a chargeback. Paypal has no money from you, or your credit card company after the chargeback you initiated. That is why they took back the money again. Since you cancelled by doing a chargeback, your credit card company is now investigating and I'm told it can take up to 75 days. I'm fully up to speed with what's going on, as I'm following with Paypal, who are doing their best to assist me. So far, you ordered a watch, I sent it right away, you then cancelled the payment before receiving it. I am now out a watch and have no money, and neither does Paypal. We're now waiting on you, and your credit card company who are still under the impression that you've not received an item since that's what you've claimed. This is looking very much like a very well known scam now to everyone involved, and if it's not, then pay me for my watch. Fix this, Brett..and now please. I'm losing patience, and fast."

I had heard of this type of nightmare before, and apparently it's more common than you may think. Sellers beware, and by all means stay away from Brett Lively if you don't want to find yourself at the pharmacy investing in a box of Pepcid AC.

Where it stands, the very best case scenario is that maybe, I may receive money in a few months. Worst, I'm out a few hundred bucks. In any case, not a good transaction by any means, and obviously the man wearing the free watch should correct this right away. If this were you in the same situation, would you expect this guy to stand up and send payment for your watch right away, or would you be content in waiting a few months to see if his credit card company sides with you, or their client?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jake B808January 26, 2012 02:56PM

You are right to be pissed Jake I am angry! Thanks for the heads up. (n/t)

BobbyMike305January 26, 2012 03:16PM

Have seen similar cases, unfortunately!

IF317January 29, 2012 08:01AM

Re: Watch out for BRETT LIVELY in WV, USA.

tanwill398February 22, 2012 02:49AM

Link to the post please! (n/t)

BobbyMike313February 22, 2012 04:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates