Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Putting together my first custom watch - help needed

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
Anonymous User
September 07, 2013 12:11AM
Hello everyone,

First time posting here, however, I have been around for a while lurking in the background. I have always liked watches, especially mechanical ones, and a dream has always been to understand them a bit better. Just recently I recieved some watch parts – and I have decided that I need a new hobby and I want to put together my own watch. And I'm going to need your help.

Basically I know quite little about watches – I know the difference between a mechanical watch and a automatic and I know how to open the back casing of a watch and to polish the glas. But thats about where it ends. This project won't become anything advanced, but it's a good start for me.

The parts I have recived is: a face, the back casing and the case. I also have some additional spring bars. What I want to do with this is simple: I want to install a mechanical movement and a set of hands.

Thus, what I need help with is basically: How do I know what kind of movement to fit into the case? Any recomendations, and also in that case what hands would fit onto that movement? And what kind of crown? The diameter of the "hole" in the back of the case, which is protected by the back case, is about 33 mm wide. Therefore I suspect this movement would fit: [www.esslinger.com], with some extra spacing on each side?

Is there any other parts that I would need?

I have the guides posted on this site as a reference, but any additional tips to what I should think about would be very appriciated.

Best regards,
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Putting together my first custom watch - help needed URL

Anonymous User711September 07, 2013 12:11AM

What case do you have? You need to know what movement >>

Dave M198September 09, 2013 12:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates