Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Seiko Black Pilot

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
April 19, 2013 04:29PM
About one month ago I spent the last few pennies of my watch funds to get the parts needed for this project. With parts coming from out of the US I ended up waiting a while but finally yesterday I got the last bit that I needed, coincidentally it was the watch itself.

Some time ago I had the idea of trying this combination, a Seiko SRP027/29 dial with a Seiko military watch. I did it before with a different dial but it was a different look. I really wanted this look because I like the 3-6-9-12 numbers on the dial. I ended up using the black military Seiko watch model SNZG17 which has a black DLC coating and as for the hands they are the same as the SARB59 minus the seconds hand, this is a regularl Seiko SKX hand that I shortened by cutting off the lumed dot on the tail.

The result is below, overall it is kind of nice I think even if now I remember why I did not keep any of these military watches I modded in the past... at 42mm the watch is a little small for my wrist and even more so being a pilot watch type which I would prefer it to be at least 44mm or more. Oh well, I guess I can always sell it and get something else...

Otherwise this is actually a nicely made watch, with the bracelet it has a solid feel and is one of the few watches that seem to be well proportionate in terms of lugs and body, at least to me.

Lume is great, bright and long lasting, all night in fact since it is Seiko, however the numbers on the dial are not lumed. Not a big deal to me really but I would have loved if the dial was lumed too. But it is all Seiko and all parts are original Seiko.

Anyway, since I like to share my projects, here are a few pics, sorry for the lint and dust specs, I don't have photo processing programs I can use to clean them up.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Seiko Black Pilot Jpeg Attachments

carlopmwf1152April 19, 2013 04:29PM

Looking very sharp Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto79April 21, 2013 06:43AM

Thank you Reto. (n/t)

carlopmwf114April 21, 2013 04:56PM

Unfortunately all I see is red "x"'s. I'm sure it looks good though. I'll have to check back. (n/t)

Timemiser62April 20, 2013 02:14AM

Since you like the Spork I hope you can see these photos... (n/t)

carlopmwf68April 20, 2013 05:13PM

I can see them now. It looks GREAT! Yep, thats my favorite dial layout! Good Job Carlo! (n/t)

Timemiser86April 21, 2013 02:04AM

Thank you Tim, I knew you would like it (n/t)

carlopmwf54April 21, 2013 04:42AM

Looks Great! Congrats! Thumbs up!

Riddim Driven74April 19, 2013 07:20PM

Thank you. I have two of those "Spork" watches as well which is one of the reasons

carlopmwf82April 19, 2013 08:42PM

My SRP025 sez 'hi' Jpeg Attachments

Rawland125April 19, 2013 09:58PM

Very good one, +1 for the 3-6-9--12 !Cheers!Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF67April 19, 2013 07:15PM

Thank you and I like that dial a lot too,,, if I could find some longer Mercedes hands

carlopmwf73April 19, 2013 08:41PM

Looks greatClapping!, bummer it dosen't suit youFrowning (n/t)

jeremd67669April 19, 2013 06:58PM

Thank you for the kind words.... to clarify

carlopmwf63April 19, 2013 08:40PM

Very nice

solex74April 19, 2013 06:32PM

Thank you, some time a mm more or less makes a difference... (n/t)

carlopmwf72April 19, 2013 08:39PM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates