Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Seiko Blue Folgore

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
February 03, 2013 04:22PM
I started this project quite a while back. In fact I had the base watch for a couple of months. I had a basic mock up in my mind but when I got the parts I decided to get a different dial, this one. Then I saw the Yobokies Milgauss hands and I thought that I really wanted to use that one too… so many months later I finally had all the parts.

Unfortunately when I went to install the hands, the ones I wanted to use originally, they did not fit… so I had to fall back on the hands that came with the watch and I have to say I actually like the result.

The watch is a model from Seiko, SARZ005. The dial is from a long discontinued Seiko model the Blue BFS – SNKF05. The dial is dark metallic blue and actually very nice. The hour and minute hands are from the base watch while the second hand is from Yobokies. Folgore means Lightening in Italian so the name is after the shape of the seconds hand.

The watch is 41mm in diameter, it sports the 4R36 movement that hacks and handwind. I slapped on a Bond type strap for the moment but it comes with the bracelet too. The lume is nice and bright of course just like any Seiko. The amount of lume material is not a lot though so not quite as bright as a Seiko Diver but enough to tell the time all night long after charging.

Here are a few pictures I want to share, please excuse any dust spec or lint and I hope you enjoy.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Seiko Blue Folgore Jpeg Attachments

carlopmwf783February 03, 2013 04:22PM

Very, very nice! Thumbs up! (n/t)

James T. Kirk©50February 04, 2013 10:03AM

Thank you Johan. (n/t)

carlopmwf59February 04, 2013 05:00PM

Looking great Carlo, congrats Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto54February 04, 2013 05:14AM

Thanks Reto. (n/t)

carlopmwf55February 04, 2013 05:00PM

Cool milgaus Thumbs Up (n/t)

JP57February 04, 2013 01:52AM

Thank you and I made it different so it is not just a copy... (n/t)

carlopmwf54February 04, 2013 05:01PM

Lightning strikes again! Laughing Cool mod! (n/t)

Timemiser55February 04, 2013 01:27AM

Thank you and yes, straight down from Mount Olympus... LOL (n/t)

carlopmwf61February 04, 2013 05:01PM

Nice!!!Thumbs up! (n/t)

Mark C.52February 03, 2013 11:01PM

Thank you Mark. (n/t)

carlopmwf52February 04, 2013 05:01PM

A very nice one! That seconds hand gives another character to the timepiece!Thumbs up!Smile (n/t)

IF53February 03, 2013 09:40PM

Thank you and yes, I ordered that seconds hand as soon as I saw it... (n/t)

carlopmwf128February 04, 2013 05:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates