Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Completed my Speedmaster homage

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
April 29, 2012 03:09AM
I recently bought a Russian (?) Cjiaba from Guangdong, China, hoping it would be similar to the Alpha Speedmaster homage but it was covered with glitter, sparkles, and shimmering chrome reflections from the markers and emblem that would make any $12 fashion watch from Dollar General green with envy.
I paid $35 for the original new watch on ebay, added $18 for paint supplies, $8 for Dakota Watch Co. to open the watch and removing the movement for me,
    and $4 gas driving around for these extras for a total of $65.    Somewhat less than the Alpha version that was discontinued last year but I would have bought had it been for sale.
I painted with flat white acrylic with a "micro" paintbrush the 6 hands and 12 five-minute markers;   not an easy task for a person my age whose nerves are mostly shot.    I even blacked out the Cjiaba emblem which had a large dose of chrome.
Anyway, the first picture is the original that doesn't do the all the glitter justice. The markers sparkled excessively. The second hand was shiny metal as well as most of the hour and minute hands.
The 2nd pic shows what a little paint and two hours of tedious painting can do to bring it a lot closer to the look of a real Speedmaster.
I wish I knew of a painting technique to make this easier, but somehow the job was finished with good results.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Completed my Speedmaster homage Jpeg Attachments

timex55046April 29, 2012 03:09AM

Looks much better , it is true!SmileThumbs up! (n/t)

IF154April 29, 2012 10:44AM

Re: Looks much better , it is true!SmileThumbs up!

timex5248April 29, 2012 01:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates