Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Latest Divers project

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
March 14, 2012 05:09PM
I have two of these SRP043 Seiko divers watches and I really like them. However since I have two of them I tried to make one a little different from the other. Some time ago I installed some Mercedes hands on one and I kind of liked the looks, but in the end I was put off by the fact that the hands were a little too small/short in proportion to the watch. Not much really but enough to bother me. So I decided to handle that, I could not find any larger/longer Mercedes hands but I then settled for a different solution. The best look is the original one, and so I decided to try some similar but different hands. I got some original Seiko hour and minute hands from the "Fifty Five Fathoms" model and a seconds hand from a Seiko Alpinist.

The hands are similar in shape but they are chromed so they give a little different feel to the watch, the red seconds hand also contribute to that but since these are small changes, they only give a little different look keeping the original overall pilot feel. At least this is what I think.

Why bother with this, one may asks. Well, I really like this model and I think it is one of the best made Seiko watches actually, size, comfort, looks, proportions, etc. are ideal for me and I surely would not mind having more. But since the stem/crown position is slightly different then that on a usual Seiko divers like the SKX007 or Monster for example, any other dial won't fit unless one removes the feet. Then I also believe that because the movement is offset compared to the others, that the date window also might not align properly. I think this might be why one does not see many of these being modded with other aftermarket dials etc. As for me, when I can I prefer to use original Seiko parts like in this case and achieve a uniformity that is vital. See lume shots for example. And yes, the other SRP043 watch I have is completely stock.

Anyway, i just wanted to share some thoughts and photos, I hope you enjoy.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Latest Divers project Jpeg Attachments

carlopmwf1191March 14, 2012 05:09PM

A subtle yet entirely effective mod! Thumbs up!

Anonymous User87March 15, 2012 11:52AM

Thank you for the kind words. (n/t)

carlopmwf102March 15, 2012 04:31PM

Love the red seconds hands! The word "Automatic" would look great in red as well.

Timemiser90March 15, 2012 03:45AM

Thank you

carlopmwf86March 15, 2012 04:32PM

Looking good!!!Thumbs up! (n/t)

Mark C.96March 15, 2012 03:37AM

Thank you very much. (n/t)

carlopmwf98March 15, 2012 04:32PM

Nice! Thumbs Up it's great to have some variety. (n/t)

Dave M77March 15, 2012 12:19AM

Yes it is... (n/t)

carlopmwf79March 15, 2012 04:33PM

Thumbs up! Smile (n/t)

DanB65March 14, 2012 06:51PM

great watch indeed. (n/t)

carlopmwf180March 15, 2012 04:33PM

Gives it a nice look...well done!Thumbs up! (n/t)

RR21886March 14, 2012 06:24PM

Thank you for the kind words. (n/t)

carlopmwf101March 14, 2012 10:59PM

Sweet, looks good my friend! (n/t)

OrthoSean85March 14, 2012 05:59PM

Thank you very much Sean,

carlopmwf79March 14, 2012 11:00PM

Lovely watch!SmileThumbs up! (n/t)

IF98March 14, 2012 05:30PM

Thank you very much. (n/t)

carlopmwf84March 14, 2012 11:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates