Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Seiko SRP043 Diver Explorer watch project

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
January 21, 2012 06:48PM
The Seiko SRP043 is one of my favorite watches, in fact after selling the original one I traded for one some months ago. I like it so much that just before Christmas while perusing the watch sales forums (I know I should not have done that... ) I found one at a bargain price. It was head only and per the data from the seller it had seen action (military) in Afghanistan. Nevertheless I thought that it could be my beater, since the price was good. So I pounced on it and snatched it.

A few days later I found and bought a used bracelet from another watch forum - I know I am cheap... but cash is hard to come by these days...

Anyway, the second watch received was actually in excellent condition with only a few small and superficial marks and not a beater at all. However once I had the bracelet together with the watch I thought that the first watch looked exactly like the second one and so I wanted to make a small difference. At first I thought to change the seconds hand but then while I was still mulling over what to do, I got a glimpse of the PRS25 from Timefactors, the Smith Everest. I really liked it but I was shot for cash and I knew I would still not be able to get it for a few months... it is then that I got the idea to transform the Seiko so that it would have a similar look. I gathered together a few bucks and ordered a set of hands from Yobokies...

They arrived pretty fast from Hong Kong and surprisingly enough they match the color and lume of the Seiko dial very well. It might not be perfect but for the time being it scratches the itch I had for a nice explorer type watch... I guess this is an explorer watch on steroids...

Here are a few photos, and while the specs for this watch are available elsewhere, some few points that I really like are:

44mm diameter
all stainelss steel
4r15 movement with over 50 hours of power reserve
200m diver watch
great lume
super solid bracelet
comfortable on the wrist
drilled through lug holes for ease of changing straps

Sorry for the dust and lint particles on the photos, hope you enjoy, and yes I still have another one of these all original, unmodified and untouched and it will stay that way...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Seiko SRP043 Diver Explorer watch project Jpeg Attachments

carlopmwf2939January 21, 2012 06:48PM

Very nice, indeed!SmileThumbs up! (n/t)

IF242January 25, 2012 07:04AM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates