Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

First Chrono Build

Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here? Your Ad here?
October 04, 2011 12:59AM
Last week, I completed my first auto chrono build.

I initially had it on a 20mm black croc. Later, I moved it to a super oyster, ground to fit the 20mm lug width.

I need to find a replacement leather strap and, possibly, an SS bracelet. Not sure what might work/look best, but something relatively beefy on both counts, I think.

Case, dial and H/M/S hands were sourced from Germany. Small red and white subdial hands were supplied by Ofrei. Sapphire crystals front and back.
The SS case is 42mm diameter and ~ 14mm-15mm thick. The crown is a push in, which will make hand winding easier

The stainless steel case houses a decorated ETA 7750 (Elaboré grade, which is the current base grade for this movement, IIRC) that runs between +3s and +6s out of the box.

When assembling this one, I took it very slow, to avoid any and all potentially costly mistakes.

Getting the hands (for the subdial registers) correctly aligned was tricky.
The first dial I received had a small blemish in the finish.
On this one, the subdial openings for the hour and minute registers weren't perfectly aligned with the movement wheels. As a result, the hand-to-sub dial alignment is a hair off, but not noticeable on the wrist.

The real beauty of the watch is that it was put together for far less than comparably styled and branded pieces and, IMO, with a sufficiently similar build quality.
Though the dial QC could have been better, I would definitely build another one. Perhaps a Seagull (auto chrono) movement in the next one smile

It's not flawless but, I'd rate the final build at ~95%, overall, and I'm happy with it (so far).

Hope you like.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

First Chrono Build Jpeg Attachments

bluloo1701October 04, 2011 12:59AM

Re: First Chrono Build

shawny368October 08, 2011 03:11PM

Re: First Chrono Build

Astro240October 06, 2011 06:00PM

Thanks guys (n/t)

bluloo168October 06, 2011 02:33AM

I like it for sure, especially on bracelet!!!Cheers! (n/t)

IF163October 04, 2011 01:10PM

That's beautiful and impressive! Very Sinn! (n/t)

BobbyMike137October 04, 2011 03:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates