Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

JIUSKO 9LSB15 a the AMCHPR...

Anonymous User
February 15, 2014 01:44PM
I was tossed about where to post this (Chinese? PMWF main...?) since the watch could fit either forum but,when it came down to it, I chose main based on the movement. That detail later...but first: Some initial comments and specs, then photos followed by some backstory...

JIUSKO DEEP SEA SERIES MEN'S AUTOMATIC STAINLESS STEEL DIVE WATCH 39LSB15 $325

Even considering the obvious bezel nod to Tag's Aquaracer, changed enough that it's a nod, not a mirror image, this watch looks pretty fresh to me.

Here's a link to Jiusko's present website where it's noted that Jiusko's parent company Guangzhou Yonghong Watch Technology Development Co., Ltd, is working with a Taiwanese design team. I see that as a good thing because assertive, tool-style divers with serious water resistance ratings are sadly uncommon in Chinese watches and I've always thought that Beijing, Shanghai and Sea-Gull Watch Factories all need to address this market niche more strongly if they want to challenge in North America like Seiko and Citizen or Orient. So I'm very happy seeing a Chinese company produce a competitive sport-diver design.

The bracelet is wonderful, solid links and end links, smooth on the skin, and featuring a diver's extension and foldover, locking clasp. The case is two piece (see photos), the lug section being discrete but attached by screws to the central, cylindrical movement and dial housing. The textured and multi-layered dial is crisp, playful in changing light and really easy to read. All that and sapphire crystal.

Dial: Sapphire / Display Type: Analog / Case material: Stainless Steel / Bezel function: Unidirectional / Calendar: Day / Item weight: 8.15 Ounces / Movement: Automatic / Water resistant depth: 200 Meters / Case diameter: 43 millimeters

More news, and this impressed me: I wanted to know what movement, so I emailed the North American distributor and they kindly provided me with this very transparent answer:

The movement is NH25-3(4.5), of TMI. The name is Time Module (H.K.) Ltd, which is built in 1987 and by SII Seiko Inc and S.Epson. Address is...

Here's the watch on my wrist:

Up till fairly recently, the only access I knew of to Jiusko watches was on Taobao and i've wanted one ever since I first saw one, , but Jiusko now has a North American distributor and is setting up local service as well as prepping an North American website. Right now the distributor is using Amazon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 02:21PM by AlbertaTime.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

JIUSKO 9LSB15 a the AMCHPR... Jpeg Attachments URL

Anonymous User612February 15, 2014 01:44PM

Thanks for the kind words...I should mention the JIUSKO comes with some nice extras... Jpeg Attachments

Anonymous User67February 17, 2014 03:53PM

Very cool! Thumbs Up (n/t)

Micha58February 16, 2014 07:17PM

Looks like a solid performer Ron! The case design is really cool!

Timemiser47February 16, 2014 06:51PM

Ron, it seems to me like a great winner! And I like it! Cheers! Thumbs up! Cheers! (n/t)

IF39February 16, 2014 07:29AM

Looks very nice. Congrats. Thumbs up! (n/t)

Robmks49February 16, 2014 02:06AM

What a brilliant dial! Thumbs Up The case features are pretty cool, too. >>

Dave M55February 15, 2014 06:44PM

Re: the NH25 should give great service, too. Congrats!... Yeah, the NH25 is a very dependable...

Anonymous User76February 16, 2014 01:18AM

That case seems to have quite a bit of>>

Dave M55February 16, 2014 02:39AM

Re: lug "turn down" and "does it sit well on the wrist?"

Anonymous User64February 16, 2014 02:45AM

Very interesting design details, very good looking overall. (n/t)

Paul J Costa50February 15, 2014 03:37PM

Very cool watch Ron, some of the detailing is very fresh Thumbs up! (n/t)

BobbyMike55February 15, 2014 03:28PM

here's some other Jiusko designs that I'm paying some attention... Jpeg Attachments URL

Anonymous User57February 17, 2014 05:24PM

Thanks! Jpeg Attachments

Anonymous User69February 15, 2014 11:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates