Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Rolex Air King...comes home to Papa!

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
biglove  
Current mood:
February 13, 2014 12:10PM
When I first got out of nursing school I bought a Rolex 14k & SS Datejust with gold dial with diamonds on the numbers. I can still see it clearly.

I killed it, don't ask, was terrible. Replaced it with a gray tapestry dial model, no diamonds. Had to get rid of it a few months later when my young and quite stupid self got into a financial tight spot. So since 1991 I have been missing the watch brand I always held in greatest esteem and which I had coveted since my early teens.

Today that is no longer the case. Sitting here admiring this Air King, oddly enough with a SN that indicates it was made in 1991, I feel like I have redeemed myself before the gods of horology. It has been a goal of mine to own another but with raising three kids and all, I knew it would be a long time coming, if ever, and it has been. It was worth the wait!

Most folks would never understand that a watch can mean so much more than just a chunk of mechanics that keeps time. This watch is worth more to me than the price paid. It has meaning far beyond money.

Huge props to Mortuus at watchlords.com for advising me on this one. He is a guru when it comes to vintage watches and his personal experience buying a used Rolex was greatly appreciated. Not to mention he is a top notch guy, period! And thanks to all of the guys at WL for helping me realize a dream and for their guidance in the hobby!

Sorry the pics are so crappy...is dark in my office today with the weather.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rolex Air King...comes home to Papa! Image Attachments

biglove242February 13, 2014 12:10PM

Thumbs up! Congrats ! (n/t)

Jan25February 16, 2014 07:22AM

From one RN to another I'm happy for you. It must feel great. Thumbs up!

Larry36February 16, 2014 03:29AM

Re: Rolex Air King...comes home to Papa!

biglove33February 16, 2014 02:43AM

Excellent! Thumbs Up But inquiring minds want to know>>

Dave M36February 15, 2014 05:07PM

Thumbs Up Nice Rollie! Congrats! Love the blue dial. smile (n/t)

Zeb31February 15, 2014 12:28AM

I have heard the term Rollie usually used for Rolls Royce in our parts! Laughing (n/t)

James T. KirkĀ©29February 15, 2014 09:13AM

Congrats! I think I like this better then with "gold & diamonds" Cheers! (n/t)

James T. KirkĀ©29February 14, 2014 03:55PM

Congrats, nice find. Love those bezels. Cheers! (n/t)

Robmks34February 13, 2014 10:43PM

Fantastic! Thumbs Up Stunning choice - dial and bezel are awesome! I enjoy your posts on WL - though I only lurk wink (n/t)

Nuvolari32February 13, 2014 10:07PM

Congratulations! Cheers! Cheers!Thumbs up!

IF35February 13, 2014 07:16PM

"Air King", so it's a pilot watch? smile (n/t)

wodo47February 13, 2014 06:33PM

Sweet dial colour! Congrats on the no-date Rollie...my favourite kind!!! (n/t)

RR21833February 13, 2014 05:24PM

Congrats on reaching your goal with the Air King! I think it's better w/o the diamonds.Laughing (n/t)

Timemiser33February 13, 2014 03:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates