Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Hamilton Khaki GMT, help!

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
September 04, 2013 04:15PM
Hello PMWF, long time, no see?

It's been several years since I finally kicked the "Watch Bug", and it is good to see how PMWF has evolved in that time. I still have several watches, but haven't bought or even looked at any new ones in years. I've just been happy to wear and maintain the ones I still have. Some were (sadly) sold to fund other hobbies (target shooting), and others could never be sold.

One watch that I have that I really like, is my Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT. It just has that perfect fit to it. Several years ago I had Bill Yao MKII hands put on it, as well as a saphire crystal. It really brought out the dial. I've since added a blue/gold NATO strap to it. Alas, usage has taken it's toll on the old fellow. The top screw-down crown no longer catches (this one adjusts the time, etc) and I feel the crown needs to be replaced. I can still see the threads on the case, so I figure just the crown. Can someone point me in the direction of a good watchmaker to have this repaired? I'd hate to send it back to Hamilton, cause they'd probably want to replace the hands, etc but I guess I would if I had to. Here's a photo I took a few years back. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Nice to see some of the same familiar faces on here after all this time.

- OmegaMan Smile
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hamilton Khaki GMT, help! Jpeg Attachments

OmegaMan150September 04, 2013 04:15PM

Try Duarte Mendonca from North East Watch Works >>> URL

Reto34September 05, 2013 09:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates