Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

It's a happy day, a new watch arrived It's a happy day, a new watch arrived 2 Watches in one day! Clapping!

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
James T. Kirk©  
Current mood:
September 04, 2013 02:12PM
As I wrote in the Rollcall today; Just after I attached Ricky's new strap on my Marine Gear, Paula told me, the mailman just threw a big envelope in the letter box and she threw it upstairs, where I caught it smile

It indeed was the I was waiting for, from Hong Kong! That went pretty fast actually! After setting it, I found out the chrono functions are just cr*p and don't work, only the 24 hours function works. Now I don't bother for € 17, as long as the watch runs, and it does! As I expected, the thin white hands on the busy dial are a bit difficult to read, but the whole package does not look bad. It IS a BIG sucker! 48 mm on a 24mm. strap, which is black and a bit thinner then Ricky's and that on my , but it feels good on the wrist and has a very nice engraving on the clasp. The bezel is turnable to my surprise, probably they use this case for other watches with a diver bezel. The left crown moves the internal ring, very easily. The movement feels a bit rough, when I wind it and the backside shows a very bland exhibition window, no engraving like in sellers pictures, not an interesting Automatic Watch Movement, but again: THE PRICE! Still the leather band has a big engraving of the brand and "Genuine leather" and the big stainless steel(!) case is well made. A lightly domed crystal with a greenish hue tops it off very nicely! That is what you get nowadays for € 17/$ 22.40 shipped home! Cool Pictures:

While I was making pictures and resizing and putting them on the server, I heard the Mail Truck stopping outside. Instead of the doorbell, I heard another loud CLACK of our letterbox cover and this time there was an envelop from Cool Indeed, it was the this time!! It was already running, when I opened the padded envelope, where the watch was neatly wrapped in bubble plastic This Daytona homage looks pretty sturdy; stainless steel case, solid stainless steel bracelet with screw pins and scissor clip (that's how I call it), also a homage to a certain watch as is the back of the watch. Of course it's not a chrono, but has day and date dials. Then I found out, the 24 hours dial, doesn't work. I did the 24 hours hands forward, but only day and date moved, not the 24 hours. I send a message to the seller in Belgium, who responded, I could have a € 10 refund on this watch, or on another watch. I choose for € 10 now. Don't know if I will buy another from her yet. The shipping was € 11,81, so close to the € 14,00 I paid. (envelope, driving to the post office, OK for me). I'll see what she has in the future. Marie Catherine is a good Wallonian, who obviously does not speak ANY Dutch, which is a bit weird (All Flemish speak French!), but thanks to Google translate, we'll manage! Here are the pics!

--
Jim©
So many hobbies, so little money...

state of the collection
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's a happy day, a new watch arrived It's a happy day, a new watch arrived 2 Watches in one day! Clapping! Image Attachments

James T. Kirk©207September 04, 2013 02:12PM

Keep on keepin on! Cheers! +1 on what Rob said Wink (n/t)

Riddim Driven34September 05, 2013 02:11AM

OK, check again for the pictures, all replaced! Smile (n/t)

James T. Kirk©36September 05, 2013 09:46AM

Lightning strikes twice! laughing Enjoy them. Thumbs Up (n/t)

Dave M54September 05, 2013 01:34AM

Thank you! I will, Dave! Thumbs up! (n/t)

James T. Kirk©33September 05, 2013 09:45AM

Always a good day getting a watch in the mail. So today was GREAT! Congrats Jim! (n/t)

Timemiser50September 04, 2013 11:43PM

It was a great day times 2! Thanks Tim! Cheers! (n/t)

James T. Kirk©34September 05, 2013 09:44AM

What a great day, Fine additions. Thumbs up! But PLEASE ....

Robmks46September 04, 2013 06:16PM

OK, I made some better pictures in the garden! Wink (n/t)

James T. Kirk©52September 04, 2013 06:21PM

Congrats 2x's Jim©! Thumbs Up Cool (n/t)

cmoy42September 04, 2013 05:00PM

Thank you! Chris. (n/t)

James T. Kirk©32September 04, 2013 06:22PM

Re: It's a happy day, a new watch arrived It's a happy day, a new watch arrived 2 Watches in one day! Clapping!

Larry39September 04, 2013 04:00PM

Thank you! Larry! Thumbs up! (n/t)

James T. Kirk©37September 04, 2013 05:03PM

Cool watches , Johan and I am very sure that you will enjoy them!Thumbs up!Smile (n/t)

IF41September 04, 2013 02:41PM

I am already enjoying the Jaragar! Laughing (n/t)

James T. Kirk©69September 04, 2013 03:36PM

Double congrats Johan Thumbs Up Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto37September 04, 2013 02:33PM

Thank you! Reto! Thumbs up! (n/t)

James T. Kirk©34September 04, 2013 03:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates