Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Off topic post (not watch related) VIdeo documentary on glassblowing....

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
BobbyMike  
Current mood:
July 06, 2013 05:13PM
Never seen this video before. This is what my wife and I did for 13 years, minus the pipe smoking and flannel shirts Laughing

Soundtrack is spot on, not surprised that the filmmaker won an Oscar for his work....

Watched this with my wife, she said to tell people the fellow blowing the BIG bottle probably had that piece in the oven to cool in less than a minute and a half (the cuts make it look much longer for all the pieces actually). We rarely blew anything that big, but we did some one off vases that approached that.

Although we were studio artisans, we really appreciate the skill level of these factory workers and even the engineering that went behind designing the automated equipment (the timing on that machinery had to be perfect)!

Hope you all enjoy this!

Choosing not to forgive someone the wrong they have done you is like drinking poison and waiting for them to die.

www.fingerlingthenovel.com
Fingerling @ Leanpub
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Off topic post (not watch related) VIdeo documentary on glassblowing.... Video Attachments

BobbyMike114July 06, 2013 05:13PM

Very nice video! If you liked that, you should consider . . .

benhemp36July 07, 2013 05:30AM

INstead of watching someone else blow glass, it realy made want to get back in a shop...

BobbyMike30July 07, 2013 06:21AM

Very interesting - quite a craft! Thumbs Up (n/t)

Nuvolari29July 07, 2013 01:46AM

I've always been intrigued by glassblowing.

Dave P37July 06, 2013 09:24PM

Yep! Glassblowing isn't a "put it down and think it over" craft Rolling on the floor laughing my a.. off Jpeg Attachments

BobbyMike56July 06, 2013 10:10PM

Is glass, glass?

Dave P39July 07, 2013 12:01AM

Good question! No, there's actuall formulas for glass, also...

BobbyMike34July 07, 2013 01:41AM

Thanks! (n/t)

Dave P29July 08, 2013 12:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates