Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Howdy folks, I'm new here.

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
July 05, 2013 05:38PM
Unlike many of you, I'm not much of a watch hound really, but I couldn't believe "watchdog" was available so I snapped it up. Cool I'm here mostly to learn from you guys, and like today, occasionally ask a question.

I've been wearing diver-like watches most of my life, and finally graduated to a real one this year. Whether I ever use one for its intended purpose is another matter, but I always like a date window on my watch, though I doubt a diver really needs it while under water. I'm shopping for a Swiss one now however, and my question is about the cyclops feature on the crystal of some of them.

Are they just attached with glue or something where they are easily removable without marring the surface? To me they look horrible and I'll never buy a watch that has one otherwise. Also, do any of you real life diving guys really need the date underwater, where I suspect it's usually too dark to read it anyway? I could see Jacque Cousteau might have wanted it since he stayed under water for days, but who else? I only check the date when I'm at the bank. wink

I appreciate any responses, and I'm not bashing the fans who like the things, and hope I'm not unwittingly treading on a sacred cow of the dive watch world. I just want help in my shopping process. Speaking of which, any owners of the Steinhart Ocean Black DLC or Squale 200m divers out there who'd like to share their thoughts?

Thanks again,

Fred
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Howdy folks, I'm new here.

Watchdog173July 05, 2013 05:38PM

Welcome to PMWF! I'm new too! (n/t)

Pawhid34July 06, 2013 10:45PM

Welcome to PMWF! To PMWF! (n/t)

Dave M30July 06, 2013 02:11PM

Welcome to PMWF! to pmwf ! Smile Jpeg Attachments

IF44July 06, 2013 08:36AM

Hey! Welcome to PMWF! So funny you snagged "WatchDog" how appropriate.... Jpeg Attachments

Riddim Driven64July 06, 2013 02:33AM

Re: Hey! So funny you snagged "WatchDog" how appropriate.... Jpeg Attachments

Watchdog37August 06, 2013 12:48PM

No new advice, but Welcome to PMWF! (n/t)

JFK353132July 06, 2013 01:57AM

Welcome to PMWF! The guys are right, it's a straight forward job - that tests your nerves laughing Jpeg Attachments

Nuvolari47July 06, 2013 01:14AM

Welcome to PMWF! Smile (n/t)

DanB29July 05, 2013 10:43PM

Welcome to PMWF! If you really want to do it ..... Jpeg Attachments

Robmks55July 05, 2013 06:35PM

Welcome to the forum! As far as cyclops go...

AlbertaTime43July 05, 2013 06:03PM

Hi Fred, Welcome to PMWF! to PMWF....

BobbyMike41July 05, 2013 05:47PM

Welcome to PMWF! Fred. As Bob said re cyclops. Did you already check out URL

Reto48July 05, 2013 09:58PM

Re: Welcome to PMWF! Fred. As Bob said re cyclops. Did you already check out

Watchdog37July 06, 2013 10:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates