Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

It's a happy day, a new watch arrivedUltraslim vintage Helbros

May 04, 2013 03:13PM
Just arrived yesterday afternoon. I've been trying to curb my watch shopping lately but once in a while I put in a low dollar bid on something that catches my eye. To my surprise no one else bid higher for this jewel of a watch, I got this watch with shipping included for way below $20USD. I've always been fascinated with ultraslim design watches as the ingenuity and engineering involved with producing these types of watches is truly impressive. The watch is a Helbros branded watch powered by a Peseux Cal. 330 slim design movement. The watch itself is 7mm thick including crown and 34mm diameter. The movement is 3.1 mm thick which makes it among the thinnest movements around, the Seconds hand was sacrificed in the name of slimness. The watch seems to be working fine and keeping time and the movement looks very clean and healthy, however I did have to replace the crown that came with it for a more appropriately sized crown as the crown that came with it did not fit in the case properly due to size and looked out of proportion to the watch. Sorry I forgot to take movement pictures before closing the case, I'd rather not open the case again as it is very tight and hard to open. Here are some pictures;
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's a happy day, a new watch arrivedUltraslim vintage Helbros Jpeg Attachments

Paul J Costa275May 04, 2013 03:13PM

Beautiful.Thumbs up! Congratulations Paul. (n/t)

Mark C.37May 05, 2013 02:16PM

Great catch Paul. Congrats! (n/t)

Reto42May 05, 2013 01:36PM

A truly beautiful watch- congrats!Thumbs up! (n/t)

RR21841May 05, 2013 06:29AM

Well bought, Kind Sir! Thumbs Up (n/t)

Nuvolari45May 05, 2013 05:18AM

7mm? Very nice. Great catch!! (n/t)

JHustwit51May 04, 2013 11:50PM

Very Impressive! Thumbs up! (n/t)

DanB47May 04, 2013 11:11PM

A very nice one, Paul! And a great deal, too! Cheers!Thumbs up! (n/t)

IF53May 04, 2013 07:29PM

Perfect antique-cream patina and really like sans second Smile Jpeg Attachments

Ethan_Mack71May 04, 2013 05:57PM

LOVE the dial! Thumbs Up Cool (n/t)

cmoy44May 04, 2013 03:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates