Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

Sorting through the watch pile...

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
February 21, 2013 05:32AM
Well, I've got a pile of women's mechanical watches and I finally found some time to go through them.

About half of them are Timex's, and most of those don't work, but among the pile I found a Geneva and Lady Elgin.

Both are gold filled (18k and 14k) and both still work!

About half of the watches in the pile still work consistantly. Most of them are brands I've never heard of.

The Elgin's movement (not pictured, but can provide) is in great shape. It's great, especially since the Geneva (bottom picture) was a bit of a letdown.

I didn't intend to collect ladies' watches, but for some reason they end up in goodwill bags far more often than men's. I'm guessing they just aren't as durable, maybe since the movement's are so much smaller they don't survive drops as easily.

Anyway, I dated the Lady Elgin to around 1965; Movement and case

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sorting through the watch pile... Jpeg Attachments

kich158February 21, 2013 05:32AM

Women just don't appreciate mechanical watches

Smaug48February 21, 2013 06:33PM

Like must generalizations kinda wrong....

BobbyMike46February 21, 2013 09:18PM

It's a shame that many very interesting lady size watches will have turned into...

Paul J Costa56February 21, 2013 12:58PM

That's mainly why I collect. There's a local steampunk artists that I compete with. Laughing (n/t)

kich48February 21, 2013 04:24PM

I know very well what you mean! Smile

IF55February 21, 2013 07:09AM

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail admin at pmwf.com for rates