Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages User List Top Users
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Advanced

It's a happy day, a new watch arrived Goodbye black, hello blue!

Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesYour ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Your ad here? Please mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
February 20, 2013 03:27PM
Greetings friends. I mentioned this in a reply to Chris Moy's recent Is Happy Day! - I had a trade underway. I decided I had way too many black dialed watches, and it was time to do something about it. Along came somebody interested in a Bernhardt. So out the door went the black Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor with sword hands, and in it's place comes a decidedly non Dre watch - a big chunky diver. A blue dialed Victorinox Divemaster 500. The Bernhardt was very nice, and I enjoyed my time with it, but I prefer the white dial one just a little bit.

The VSA though, wow what a solid hunk of watch. It's on the bigger side, but definitely wearable without being obnoxious. Lugs don't overhang the wrist, probably about as thick as I'm willing to go for a daily wearer. Quartz movement, but honestly I'm not a mecha snob. Quartz watches / movements have their place too, and this one is very good - absolutely no slop in the seconds hand - hits the markers absolutely every time. Plus no worries about setting it - just grab n go.

This one came on a rubber strap, quite comfortable. Many times with straps I can adjust it to be just a bit too tight or just a bit too loose. This one I can set to just right, which is good - the watch is pretty heavy. Too loose and it flops on the wrist a bit uncomfortably. That's when I really notice the weight of the watch. But with the strap cinched to just right, no problem. Horay! I do have a good number of 22mm leather straps, we'll see how the watch fares on those straps too.

Bezel is decent on it. It's a little click-y if you tap on it, but there's no play in it when you twist it. 120 clicks, with enough ridges / 3 dimensionality to make it easy to grip and turn. I do think it would have been a bit more interesting if the numbers / hash marks were filled in with paint.

When I was looking at the watch I wasn't sure about what I'd think of the internal date magnifier. Now that I have it & see it in person, I like it. It works decently, and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb on the main crystal.

All in all, an incredibly solid and handsome watch for the price. Is it a long term keeper? Prolly not. But a nice watch to have for the summertime fer sure!

Here's a few quick cell phone pics, will try to get the photo studio set up one of these years and snap a bunch of watch pics.

Victorinox Divemaster 500
Victorinox Divemaster 500
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's a happy day, a new watch arrived Goodbye black, hello blue! Jpeg Attachments

Dre206February 20, 2013 03:27PM

Good barter you did, Love a Bernhardt too, but this is nice! (n/t)

James T. KirkĀ©50February 21, 2013 12:19PM

Nice, congrats Cheers! (n/t)

Jan46February 21, 2013 07:34AM

Great diver, congrats Dre Thumbs Up (n/t)

Reto37February 21, 2013 05:00AM

Thumbs Up Solid one there. Yep, I, too found myself wanting to >>

Dave M40February 21, 2013 02:42AM

Great watch Andrej! They are well built with good looks, but not over the top.

Timemiser41February 21, 2013 01:59AM

May skip the idea of looking for a bracelet.

Dre36February 21, 2013 03:40AM

Can't go wrong with that one! Clapping! (n/t)

MCV45February 21, 2013 12:13AM

nice diver (n/t)

Ethan_Mack41February 20, 2013 11:54PM

Very nice looking diver.Thumbs up! Congrats and enjoy. (n/t)

Mark C.47February 20, 2013 10:36PM

I just sold my anchor too, but to fund renting a location to film. Thats a nice diver u got. (n/t)

Lawrence Talbot48February 20, 2013 08:12PM

Nice Thumbs Up (n/t)

Micha57February 20, 2013 08:01PM

A very nice and surely very good watch! Thumbs up!Smile (n/t)

IF51February 20, 2013 07:40PM

Nice purchase.

Smaug55February 20, 2013 06:22PM

LOL, nothing wrong with that if you ask me!

Dre53February 20, 2013 08:16PM

Very good Andrej. Blue dials are great, and look better than any picture can tell Thumbs Up (n/t)

JP49February 20, 2013 05:02PM

Nice move Andrej! good to see you go in a different direction. I have also gone through...

JohnnyT52February 20, 2013 04:31PM

Well, I'm not gonna call it a transformation >>

Dre49February 20, 2013 06:10PM

Good trade!Thumbs up! (n/t)

carlos x42February 20, 2013 04:23PM

Very NICE! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Cool Congrats Andrej! (n/t)

cmoy50February 20, 2013 03:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

PMWF.com Sponsors! Definitely worth your visit today!
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates
Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates Show your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for ratesShow your ad here! Mail reto at pmwf.com for rates